Best t-map support build

Decreamos

Grandmaster
For some I can understand this might be a waste of a character slot..but for me- tmaps are life. I love doing them. I feel like I do a decent job now and for fun I want to make a purely support character for tmaps. Mainly level 6.

My goal- tamer and tmapper go to level 6. Tmapper digs it up and loots chest. (I loot fast unless I pull up something truly nasty and terrible such as a paragon AW or balron.)

I guess the character wont be too crazy, he just doesn't need to be self sufficient as I don't plan on ever using him solo (I already have a provo tmapper for that)

I'm thinking:
100 magery
100 lockpick
70 cartography
100 hiding
100 animal vet
100 item id
30 Meditation
Not sure for the last skill?
Stats:
80 str
95 dex (super fast pet heals)
50 int (summon demon, rez, gate travel)

Open to constructive criticism. Thanks :) Happy hunting!

parsnip

Grandmaster
Hmm how useful is Animal Vet without lore?

My current tmap support character is:
  • 110 Provocation
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Musicianship
  • 100 Magery
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Item ID
  • 70 Cartography
  • 30 Whateveryouwant (Eval? Wrestle? Hide?)

If you don't want provocation, you could also go with a basic meta mage. No need to get all the relics or level the talisman, just use Vivify for stronger demons! Base skills would be:
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Magery
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Item ID
  • 70 Cartography

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Hmm how useful is Animal Vet without lore?

My current tmap support character is:
  • 110 Provocation
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Musicianship
  • 100 Magery
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Item ID
  • 70 Cartography
  • 30 Whateveryouwant (Eval? Wrestle? Hide?)

If you don't want provocation, you could also go with a basic meta mage. No need to get all the relics or level the talisman, just use Vivify for stronger demons! Base skills would be:
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Magery
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Item ID
  • 70 Cartography

What about
100 magery
100 lockpick
100 hide
100 item id
100 vet
100 lore
70 cart
30 med

I'm thinking fast heals for my meta dragon would be more important than provoke (which my tamer already has). Plus it's easy to put on a macro and focus my attention on my tamer.

parsnip

Grandmaster
What about
100 magery
100 lockpick
100 hide
100 item id
100 vet
100 lore
70 cart
30 med

I'm thinking fast heals for my meta dragon would be more important than provoke (which my tamer already has). Plus it's easy to put on a macro and focus my attention on my tamer.

Sounds like a good plan. A useful character to have if you want to take on tough paragons in dungeons with your meta.

girana

Grandmaster
What about
100 magery
100 lockpick
100 hide
100 item id
100 vet
100 lore
70 cart
30 med

Bugdet friendly Template:
100 magery
100 lockpick
100 Carto
100 vet
100 lore
110+ provo
100 music

High Bugdet:
100 magery + mage tali with vivify
100 lockpick
100 Carto
100 vet
100 lore
110+ provo
100 music

(if you die alot 50 music + 50 medi )

Last edited:

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Another high budget - the one I use:

Taming 120
Lore 120
Mage 100
Wrestle 100
Lockpick 100
ID 100
Carto 70
Med 10

Provo tamer does the supporting and pets to guard until he gets stuff under control.

I tried vet but found wrestle to be more useful - if something pops and insta targets at least he has a chance of survival while provo tamer gets the mob handled.

wkstrm

Master
I see your point with your build, but honestly I think wasting 100 skillpoints for Item ID is kind of.. wasted.
I mean, ID-wands drop fairly often and are relatively cheap so there's no point in wasting valuable skillpoints.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I see your point with your build, but honestly I think wasting 100 skillpoints for Item ID is kind of.. wasted.
I mean, ID-wands drop fairly often and are relatively cheap so there's no point in wasting valuable skillpoints.

If you t-map with multiple chars, I think Item ID is crazy useful. With a good macro, it runs through a chest so quickly and you don’t have to worry about running out of charges.

batman

Grandmaster
Most of the comments i hear people bring everything home put it in a few chest than id.. Keep, use, sell the good stuff and the rest sell to a npc vendor... Unless ur talking about just id and throw on ground unless its keepable.. Which how would you make gold if thats the plan?? Id is needed if tou have an extra char who you can waste the skill on it should never be on a t hunter imo

wkstrm

Master
True true, maybe it's just me with my 9 character slots that think every skillpoint is important!

In the end, it's all about priorities anyway! :)

wkstrm

Master
Most of the comments i hear people bring everything home put it in a few chest than id.. Keep, use, sell the good stuff and the rest sell to a npc vendor... Unless ur talking about just id and throw on ground unless its keepable.. Which how would you make gold if thats the plan??

I'm with you on this. Bring everything home (maybe except for the spell scrolls) and ID at home, keep what you want and then sell the rest.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'm same - I bring it all home, and set my ID'r to run while I'm doing the next chest, pull everything out, come home ,hit a macro to put it all away, while I go sell, then set up the ID, and start my next map.. it's a little more time between because I sort my stuff into diamonds, regs, scrolls, and weapons/armor, but it lets me ID as I go, so I don't have to spend 2 hours one night ID'n.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I have id on the char so I can id as I am clearing the chest - so no downtime when recalling home - quick organize and I am back to another map.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I also built a cheap support char for Tmaps (and other things)

100 Lockpicking
100 Hiding
100 Magery
100 Tracking
100 Item ID
80 Stealth
70 Cartography
50 Meditation

The logic behind this template was to a be a multi-use support, not just for Tmaps but for several different aspects of the game. The added bonus of this build is that the hiding/stealth/tracking allows me to also utilize this char as a scout. I have found massive amounts of value in having a stealth char with GM Tracking. I can keep a close on eye on whether others are entering the Tmap area (or are already there when I first show up). Even outside of Tmaps, I sometimes use this char to stealth in and scout out an area. Or use him to stealth in and take the Khaldun treasure chests. Or...lots of things, I get creative and find all sorts of support use for this char. GM Item ID is just for convenience. For a long time I had Detect Hidden instead of Item ID. I would run into a lot of people trying to harass me when I was out in the world so I used Detect to neutralize those stealthers. But my play style changed I guess because I found less and less use for it so I switched to Item ID. Magery is mostly being able to cast Gate, the occasional Resurrect, Greater Heal, or Paralyzing Field.

I think the question you want to ask yourself is: what are my pain points right now? Then form a support build that mitigates them.