Best Suggestion Ever [Revised] (Part 2)

Techno Destructo

Journeyman
So here was my initial post for reference:

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/the-best-suggestion-possible-admins-please-read.46600/

Continuing on that notion I feel as though the community and I have culminated an idea worthy of moving forward with:

Raptors. That's right, birds of prey in Ultima. The last thread says it all but here is where the ideas and genius of that aforementioned thread comes full circle. So we have a few events on this server that are random spawns, uniques, etc. Like the RDA's which are quite difficult to find unless you want to spend all day searching and maybe find one. Who would be able to to help us find these quicker and more accurately? Well certainly a certain type of apex predator capable of flight and being able to spot prey from a mile away. So here is a great segway for my beloved raptors to finally reach their level of stardom in Ultima Online: Forever.

home1.jpg

[here is a pretty sweet looking falcon getting ready to be apex and kill things like it always does]

So we create raptors in game, like falcons or owls. I'd prefer a golden eagle as that is what I have in real life but that is only cursory; we could have an entire class of birds as raptors who will all work in this regard (as they are apex). I would honestly prefer that these drop rarely as meta raptor eggs, which would require a decent amount of taming and lore (but not GM because lets face it, raptors aren't dragons) and produce a bird of prey which I would say should have about the DPS of an energy vortex without the poison.

Still with me? Cause this is where it gets super badass.

If you possess a meta raptor, if you have GM tracking and a meta raptor, it will enhance your tracking skill by 50%. If you have GM camping and tracking, it will augment your tracking skill by an additional 50% giving you a total of 200% tracking and the ability to insta-log with your meta raptor. This will effectively create a new character class type, the falconer, which will emphasize on the ability to track rare and unusual mobs/RDA's. It will consume a character slot and making camping a very useful skill for the first time ever in ultima.

Raptor relics could also be implemented to further augment the abilities and skills of your apex predator and give you the ability to track further, maybe track items, I don't know this idea can really get some wind beneath it's wings though; if you catch my drift.

What hunter wouldn't want one? What PK group wouldn't benefit from having a falconer in their midst? This is a sparkling gem of an idea and I sincerely think the admins should consider it.

In closing I would like to state that I think this is a really cool idea and anyone who disagrees is probably a big dummy. Thanks.

Pic related, this is falcon serious.

WVKRMyx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuschino

Adept
I wholeheartedly support this idea. I, for one, would like to see a raptor fly off my arm and eat someone's face.

Plus, it would ensure we see a lot more meme's like this:

Raptor_Jesus_and_the_Holy_ORLY_by_Pheonia_Serafial.jpg

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
Amazing creativity! Some may harp over the fine details of any suggestion like this, but the fundamental idea of this one is worth consideration.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Did you know that peregrine falcons were used by British intelligence during WW2 to hunt down Nazi homing pigeons? That should be enough reason to include them in-game.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Hmm.. tracking is already pretty much global at GM. Or ask Peepin' Tom about his tracking at 500. He can see into the future ;)

With the whole inference of 140 taming coming our way, I see absolutely no reason to add a mess of new animal/beast/pokemon junk. The development of skills other than taming/taming related stuff I'm all for. I categorize this as taming even when adding in the tracking/camping elements. Taming is already front and center of the entire economy in game and is begging for change.

I like the enthusiasm, but I'm not sold on the idea.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
+1mil for raptors just because DalMichaelLassy chimed in against

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount