Berserker Talisman clarification

Spatchel

Master
Phase Shift: ...target must reside on a tile that can be walked on and more than 7 tiles away....

How does tile calculation work? I can be 2-3 steps away from a target and still phase to them.

Phase Shift: ....phase jump for every other level gained for a max of 3....

I have jumped up to four times with level 10 Phase Shift, is the wiki wrong?

Double Strike: ....does an instant swing following a normal swing provided you are within 5 tiles....

I was thinking of trying archery with my berserker talisman, but not sure how the tile distance works. If I am 2-3 steps away and still at or greater than 7 tiles, 5 tiles tells me I have to still be right on top of them if using archery.

Looking for some clarification please.

Ripstas

Master
If you do archery only apply ds and infected. Phase is fine against single targets but gets you killed sometimes with lots of spawn.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I'm not positive but it feels like 5 tiles on ds with archery. I pull out the bow for hard hitting champs/rdas and get close enough to proc.

Ps: screw phase....it's awesome for lone hunting but anything with large spawn is a potential death trap :(

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Didn't see this in the wiki, but I notice when I'm too far from the target doing archery, my infected wounds never goes off either. :(

Spatchel

Master
Thanks for the feedback guys. I like phase being solo, with hiding/stealth and a slayer katana my all time high hit was 213.

For February, I am going to drop stealth and pickup parry for ogre lords and see how things go. I was thinking archery and range for ogre lords but with the high limitation on DS and now Infected Wounds I wont be.

Young Star

Grandmaster
With the name Berserker, I really think it should have had a quick silver type of attack.

Never putting phase shift on my zerker. I know some really like it but I do too many group events where I see too many phase shift to their death.

Also want whirlwind!

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
The problem is there's nothing good for archery. You gain no exp using archery, and then the relic benefits don't kick in either.

Well, I use a combo of archery and melee, so it's still useful.

Whirlwind would be cool. Allowing doubleshot and infected on archery would be nice. I mean, why is the five tile restriction even necessary in the first place?? It ain't. :rolleyes:

Young Star

Grandmaster
Does the defense tali have the 5 tile limit? Wondering how well that talisman would be switching to archery after leveling it up.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Quench could be very useful to an archer. The wiki doesn't put a tile limit on it, but then again, neither does it for infected.

I might go for a resilience totem after I finish leveling up the beserker -which may still take a while. :rolleyes:

eppy

Grandmaster
Thanks for the feedback guys. I like phase being solo, with hiding/stealth and a slayer katana my all time high hit was 213.

For February, I am going to drop stealth and pickup parry for ogre lords and see how things go. I was thinking archery and range for ogre lords but with the high limitation on DS and now Infected Wounds I wont be.
Can't do Stat mods without people freaking out when it procs in pvp. Because I guarantee it will happen.
With the name Berserker, I really think it should have had a quick silver type of attack.

Never putting phase shift on my zerker. I know some really like it but I do too many group events where I see too many phase shift to their death.

Also want whirlwind!

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yes we know it happens to dragons.if you are unlucky enough to attack one when it procs. Is there a way to make it deactivate as soon as you hit a player?

Young Star

Grandmaster
dont stay next to silver looking meta dragons ?

Lol. Yeah it sure is funny to see when it happens though. Usually when someone accidentally targets.

If this was a dexer talisman ability I also wouldn't expect it to be as high as what dragons do. Maybe max out at like 150-200 dex or just slightly better the a dex pot. Hell. Skip all the dex boost and make it a massive hit chance increase.

Another bersker relic idea i think would be cool is a massive stamina regeneration. Have it regen as fast as how mana does during meditation.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Didn't say the rest couldn't use some love too. Just talking about the zerker at the moment.

Defense one actually seems really solid. I've been meaning to get that one started as well.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Phase shift is possibly the most underrated relic on the zerker. If you learn how to play with it it is insanely powerful. Combine with tread and ds and its sick. I dont think anything should be changed. Just adapt the play style or dont put the relic on.

That being said, the only good thing about zerker for archery is double strike and poison. I would not recommend any zerker archers when a close combat dexer is way more effective.