Benefits of 120 in crafting skills

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
son of a...damn it. Guess I can take those points and use them for something else now...don't need 2 miners.

Marac

Expert
120 BS
120 Carp
95 Hiding
100 Magery
120 Tailoring
120 Tinkering
45 Music

Craft everything connected to each other with additional hiding security when using the Britain crafting area. Bowcraft and inscription are the independent crafting skills and you can put them on different chars, such as a scribe mage for inscription and bowcraft on your miner.

Can someone please tell me why do we need 45 music and 100 magery for a crafter?
and if I use a 120 power scrolls, will my skill cap be 720? or it's still 700?

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Can someone please tell me why do we need 45 music and 100 magery for a crafter?
and if I use a 120 power scrolls, will my skill cap be 720? or it's still 700?

Carpentry + 45 music allows you to make instruments. Carpentry + magery allows you to make pentagrams as well as recall around easily.

With a 120 PS your skill cap will be 720. This is the max cap, and any subsequent powerscrolls won't increase it past 720.

Additionally:

120 carpentry only needed to craft gargoyle galleons and various deco furniture (with 50% chance for deco).

120 tinkering may or may not increase trap potency.

120 mining allows you to smelt valorite ore piles in one click WITH mining gloves. (changes must have been made in recent months). There is also a supposed increased chance at pulling up colored ore from colored ore veins with higher mining skill.

120 blacksmithy supposedly allows for a higher slayer weapon chance.

I have 115 mining on a mule and with the +5 mining gloves i can smelt Valorite in one shot

Marac

Expert
Carpentry + 45 music allows you to make instruments. Carpentry + magery allows you to make pentagrams as well as recall around easily.

With a 120 PS your skill cap will be 720. This is the max cap, and any subsequent powerscrolls won't increase it past 720.

Nice, thanks for the explanation. One more question, do you know if 120 Lumberjacking increases more Axe damage than 100 LJ ?