Average amount of players online?

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
meh, i don't think those are accurate. With ps4 coming out with COD and BF4, and then xbox one this week, i doubt many people are on here. Server seems dead.

Chongo

Neophyte
From what I've seen there is almost always at least 500 online.

2 accounts per IP, so being completely cynical during non peak times its 250 players, and 300-350 during peak. This is by far the most populous shard there is. The two other most popular shards allow 3 accounts per IP, too.

S

Shane

We have the most active players than any online server in the world currently and that is a fact.

Numbers don't mean much, even though our numbers are the highest, but you can have 2000 people online and they might all be sitting in their houses.

Our people are out and about on here, i don't have to sell the server because it sells itself.

Login, run to the bank, run to the nearest dungeon and you can see and choose for yourself.

Posts like "blackbeltjones" is very off from the reality that everyone sees everyday here.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Shane said:
We have the most active players than any online server in the world currently and that is a fact.

Numbers don't mean much, even though our numbers are the highest, but you can have 2000 people online and they might all be sitting in their houses.

Our people are out and about on here, i don't have to sell the server because it sells itself.

Login, run to the bank, run to the nearest dungeon and you can see and choose for yourself.

this^

Deebo

Apprentice
Chongo said:

2 accounts per IP, so being completely cynical during non peak times its 250 players, and 300-350 during peak. This is by far the most populous shard there is. The two other most popular shards allow 3 accounts per IP, too.

Thank you for counting people or us. Must take you forever to do.

Chongo

Neophyte
Deebo said:
Chongo said:

Thank you for counting people or us. Must take you forever to do.

I had to pull out my abacus and engage in some advanced mathematics, but it was no problem, and I'm always glad to help, my friend.

blackbeltjones said:
meh, i don't think those are accurate. With ps4 coming out with COD and BF4, and then xbox one this week, i doubt many people are on here. Server seems dead.

http://uoisnotdead.com is updated every 5 minutes.

Those numbers are as accurate as they get.

Not everyone cares about FPS games and consoles.

FL Corvo said:
What's the skill gain like?

Active PVP?

Also appreciate it Shane for taking the time to answer yourself

As far as I know, and in my humble opinion, skill gain is incredibly fast on everything, except Animal Taming, Poisoning and most Crafting skills. A friend of mine started a dexer and a mage toon on Monday, and with some help, he was at least 3xGM on his Mage (Magery/Med/Eval) and 4xGM on his Dexer (Fencing/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing) 24 hours later (he pretty much played/macroed non-stop), not sure about his other skills...

PvP seems pretty active by my own standards (I'm no hardcore PvPer...). I guess it depends what kind of PvP you're into. There are a lot of active PKs, a couple of active Factions, reds running around town that can be freely attacked by anyone (but don't get guardwhacked only for having a red name), etc...

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
Shane said:

Posts like "blackbeltjones" is very off from the reality that everyone sees everyday here.

My post was directed at the recent numbers. I'm just implying that with certain things happening lately like new game releases and consoles, the numbers seem down. Its not a knock at the good job you guys are doing on the server and sorry if it came across that way, just an observation.

blackbeltjones said:
My post was directed at the recent numbers. I'm just implying that with certain things happening lately like new game releases and consoles, the numbers seem down. Its not a knock at the good job you guys are doing on the server and sorry if it came across that way, just an observation.

I think that every MMO is going to have this issue, not just UOF. It happens all of the time. Summer comes and people want to get outside. Winter comes and brings the holidays and the new year, so people are with their families. New consoles come out and people flock to those. I don't think that UOF has too much to worry about in terms of the consoles. Most of us here grew up playing UO and being computer gamers, while albeit being casual console gamers. Of course there are exceptions.

I think what you are seeing is just a combination of all of those.