Aussie Ping, what's achievable?

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
As per title guys, trying to work out if I should keep trying different things to bring my ping average of 290 down or not bother. Any Aussies out there doing much better than this, and if so can you help a brother out with some advice?

I'm using TPG from Victoria, have been playing around with vpns, the best I've come to so far is 260ish.

Strangely in each 5 ping set, there's always a single spike of 600-700, usually in the middle, but sometimes start or finish. Not sure what that's about either.

Cheers

yamman

Journeyman
Use WTFast, that should help you avoid the spikes.

Im with Internode and you can set your line profile to low ping which gives me 210-230

As per title guys, trying to work out if I should keep trying different things to bring my ping average of 290 down or not bother. Any Aussies out there doing much better than this, and if so can you help a brother out with some advice?

I'm using TPG from Victoria, have been playing around with vpns, the best I've come to so far is 260ish.

Strangely in each 5 ping set, there's always a single spike of 600-700, usually in the middle, but sometimes start or finish. Not sure what that's about either.

Cheers
in the same boat as you, with tpg in vic as well, my mate has cable through telstra and he gets low 200's, but yeah. just like most games, we have to learn to play with the lagggggggggggg

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
@yanman set your line Profile to low ping? Is this a negotiated service with the isp?
210-230, ok so there is some room to improve

@GriefedYaBish ive trialled razor for the first couple weeks, now I'm giving steam a go. Maybe sallos for the win?
I've got wtf fast, so I'll work on configuring that, best so far is 260s with it.

@Karl Sagan I can't speak for all the other abo cunts, but FYI I prefer to focus on our unique penal colony heritage to explain why we are all devious criminal motherfuckers...it's just in our blood :D

@seelemndolch no cable ability here doh. In some ways it's been a massive cluster duck playing this game after so long...clients choices?? Last time I played your client was from osi doh..but the bit I do love? Recalling and gating isn't seen as risky business anymore.. God knows what our ping was in the late 90s, but we took for granted if you gated/recalled, and you weren't already dead when you showed up at the other end, you were happy. .i used to think anything under 15 seconds 'in transit' 'was quick lol. That was connecting form the NT, so arse end of the arse end of the planet....ahh good times.

Thanks for the responses guys

Furious George

Grandmaster
@Sparhawk yea m8 i live in perth, and i ping about 260-280 with wtfast on sallos.

ive heard steam is a faster client or somethin tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
@Sparhawk wk yea m8 i live in perth, and i ping about 260-280 with wtfast on sallos.

ive heard steam is a faster client or somethin tho

While steam is apparently faster ive heard from alot of aussie that sallos seem's to remove the rubber banding they recive from packet loss. idk why or how but ive heard it from 4+ aussies now

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
Have problem with ping too
sad.png

Violence

Grandmaster
200ish ping is achievable at best.

My current iiNet connection from Victoria gets me somewhere between 400-500 ping now. I might as well be playing from the moon.

SirLothar

Grandmaster
@yanman set your line Profile to low ping? Is this a negotiated service with the isp?
210-230, ok so there is some room to improve

@GriefedYaBish ive trialled razor for the first couple weeks, now I'm giving steam a go. Maybe sallos for the win?
I've got wtf fast, so I'll work on configuring that, best so far is 260s with it.

@Karl Sagan I can't speak for all the other abo cunts, but FYI I prefer to focus on our unique penal colony heritage to explain why we are all devious criminal motherfuckers...it's just in our blood :D

@seelemndolch no cable ability here doh. In some ways it's been a massive cluster duck playing this game after so long...clients choices?? Last time I played your client was from osi doh..but the bit I do love? Recalling and gating isn't seen as risky business anymore.. God knows what our ping was in the late 90s, but we took for granted if you gated/recalled, and you weren't already dead when you showed up at the other end, you were happy. .i used to think anything under 15 seconds 'in transit' 'was quick lol. That was connecting form the NT, so arse end of the arse end of the planet....ahh good times.

Thanks for the responses guys
Also try BattlePing instead of WTFast.

Dupster

Apprentice
Got 240 atm with Sallos running. I have access to many VPN's and "tunnels" there is no way to improve it under 200 and the average will be 250-300

1v1 pvp is extremely hard