Attacking

PixelPixii

Neophyte
I seem to be having trouble with my character attacking certain creatures. When I am in the new player dungeon and try to attack a soul my character just stands there and lets them hit her. I've tried to double click on the creature and to no avail she just stands there. Yet, I can find a skeleton and she attacks it just fine.

I am a total noob here but is there something I am missing?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Are you in combat mode (Tab button)? Your cursor will turn red when in combat mode, double clicking should then attack.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
what he said im pretty sure default "warmode" you have to hold down tab rather than toggle. This can be changed in the UO options.

- Alt O
- The mouse tab on the right side
- Uncheck "Hold down tab for combat"

geTLucKy--

Apprentice
I seem to be having trouble with my character attacking certain creatures. When I am in the new player dungeon and try to attack a soul my character just stands there and lets them hit her. I've tried to double click on the creature and to no avail she just stands there. Yet, I can find a skeleton and she attacks it just fine.

I am a total noob here but is there something I am missing?

Alt+C = war mode. Character will take a different stance and anything you double click you will start attacking. Hitting the tab button (or hitting alt+c again) will pull you out of war mode and stop you from attacking. So, as a melee character, make sure you're alt+c all the time when fighting.

PixelPixii

Neophyte
@geTLucKy

I'm really enjoying it. I love the open world aspect of the game. It seems limitless. I still have the "Young"status so not sure how much I will like getting murdered or anything, but loving it so far. I'm usually not a big PVPer in any mmorpg but maybe by the time my status changes I will think differently.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
I don't think anybody enjoys dying but that's what gives you the thrill/adrenaline rush when your under attack.

At the very least it is good to know how to defend yourself and stay alive, if your solely playing a PVM template I highly suggest making a recall macro asap.

Go into Razor>Macros>Record yourself Recalling>Goto Hotkeys>Macros>Bind it to a very accessible key.

That macro will probably get you out of trouble 90% of the time if your quick and always aware of your surroundings.

geTLucKy--

Apprentice
@geTLucKy

I'm really enjoying it. I love the open world aspect of the game. It seems limitless. I still have the "Young"status so not sure how much I will like getting murdered or anything, but loving it so far. I'm usually not a big PVPer in any mmorpg but maybe by the time my status changes I will think differently.

Glad you like it. It does very much feel "limitless"! As far as pvp... my guess is that you won't really like it at first - there's a very steep learning curve. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be willing to show you the ropes, or at least show you the basics of surviving. It's definitely imperative that you know how to defend yourself. :)

PixelPixii

Neophyte
I will definitely learn about how to recall in game so that I can set that macro! Sounds like it will be a huge help!