Assist Programs..... Clarification?

So I did try a search first and saw a poll regarding Steam and talk of assist UO and I even saw that Steam is no longer "supported". Does this mean that Steam does not work or is illegal to use? Bottom line is that I am sick of Razor and wanted to try something else. All the places I saw to download Steam had bad links. Any help? Thanks

halygon

Grandmaster
So I did try a search first and saw a poll regarding Steam and talk of assist UO and I even saw that Steam is no longer "supported". Does this mean that Steam does not work or is illegal to use? Bottom line is that I am sick of Razor and wanted to try something else. All the places I saw to download Steam had bad links. Any help? Thanks

AssistUO is the old name for UOSteam. If you have v1.0.0 or earlier, it will be called AssistUO.

You can get the latest version of UOSteam here: http://uos-update.github.io/UOS_Latest.exe

What happened is the UOSteam developers stopped working on the project and so the software is no longer supported by them. It is still legal to use on UO Forever, just do not expect any updates. All of that said, as it is right now, you probably won't ever need to update, just be aware that upgrading your UO client in the future (works with today's latest client though) may (or may not) cause issues with UOSteam.

cool thanks. just fumbling through setting up my guy now on it. quick question. how do I set plode pouches? Do not see a use once agent hot key. thanks!