Armslore for Meta Dexxer

De Medici

Grandmaster
I did my first meta lumber and think about taking alchy or armslore as seventh skill. Alchy would help a lot for pvp so the question is if armslore really makes a difference.

As I understood it helps only against mobs with more than 100 wrestling and brings your hit probability to 50% minimum. If the mob would have more than 100 Wrestling you would have <50% hit chance is that true?

Would be happy to enjoy your experiences if it really helps.

Thx

Halfgrin

Master
I have definitely found a difference in hit percentages on what I hunt, so I would say yes. Pretty sure there is a more in depth post about the benefits of arms lore as recently changed? Has worked for me, though.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I did my first meta lumber and think about taking alchy or armslore as seventh skill. Alchy would help a lot for pvp so the question is if armslore really makes a difference.

As I understood it helps only against mobs with more than 100 wrestling and brings your hit probability to 50% minimum. If the mob would have more than 100 Wrestling you would have <50% hit chance is that true?

Would be happy to enjoy your experiences if it really helps.

Thx

That was my understanding of how arms lore worked as well. I've heard mixed statements on how effective it is. Some say that arms lore is a must and makes a huge difference. Others say otherwise. For me personally, after a week of using arms lore over meditation, I prefer having meditation as it helps with my magery for survivability, buffs, recalls, and summons. Also, I was actually missing on daemons and dragons just as much with arms as without it so it was an easy choice for me. I feel like weapon speed should be a factor in your decision as well. I feel arms lore would be better for those using fast weapons.

I think arms lore does nothing and just adds the placebo effect OR what it does add, is so small I couldn't tell a difference. It felt like my hit rate went from maybe 50% to 51%. Whatever small difference there was it is not worth 100 skill points in my opinion. Maybe if you are fighting something super super difficult with a whole team it will be worth it but for anything soloable you probably do not miss enough to notice the effect.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I think arms lore does nothing and just adds the placebo effect OR what it does add, is so small I couldn't tell a difference. It felt like my hit rate went from maybe 50% to 51%. Whatever small difference there was it is not worth 100 skill points in my opinion. Maybe if you are fighting something super super difficult with a whole team it will be worth it but for anything soloable you probably do not miss enough to notice the effect.

really? wow. you must have not been paying attention to your misses before you had arms lore. i know for certain i would miss very frequently up to 6-7 times in a row because it would always blow my mind that i could miss something that many fucking times. i would keep counting every miss just to see how high it would go sometimes. i could get up to 8 or 9 misses in a row at times. once i got arms lore and tested it out i noticed i wasn't missing more than like 3 times in a row. i have no idea how you could NOT notice the difference. Look at what everyone else is saying about it too. There is very clearly a difference.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
really? wow. you must have not been paying attention to your misses before you had arms lore. i know for certain i would miss very frequently up to 6-7 times in a row because it would always blow my mind that i could miss something that many fucking times. i would keep counting every miss just to see how high it would go sometimes. i could get up to 8 or 9 misses in a row at times. once i got arms lore and tested it out i noticed i wasn't missing more than like 3 times in a row. i have no idea how you could NOT notice the difference. Look at what everyone else is saying about it too. There is very clearly a difference.

There should be a difference but maybe some of us have been really unlucky. Without arms lore, I have missed between 5 and 10 times in a row. A week with arms lore, and fighting same things, I've missed just as much, sometimes more and it was more often than I'd like giving up 100 skill points to arms lore. People may be oblivious to the difference, or they can really be seeing no difference. Not saying there is no change but missing 12 times in a row with arms lore makes you feel like its a waist. That was on daemons and dragons.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Go kill something like an ogre lord. You will definitely see a difference. That was the first thing i tested it on and i chopped it down with a non-slayer in no time. Missed only a few times. Before those were some of the most frustrating mobs to hit.

Other big boss mobs like arch demon, RDA bosses, and champions there is a noticable difference as well.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Arms Lore makes a huge PVM difference. I always put GM Magery on every dexer by default so that's what I'd suggest instead of a PvP skill. Make a separate PVP dexer.

Psioncy

Expert
Yes. It's a HUGE difference. I took one of my non arms lore chars out to PVM the other day and was shocked by how often I was missing.

Even if you are just hitting 30% more often, that adds up to a drastic difference in DOT. And on that note, I'd reckon that 30% is just about how much more often I'm hitting with GM arms lore.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Well I got 720 cap and got arms lore again. Fighting mostly daemons my first time with it, didnt see huge difference so dropped it. But this time, fighting more paras, dragons, balrons I def see huge difference. Changed my mind on arms lore and loving it.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Well I got 720 cap and got arms lore again. Fighting mostly daemons my first time with it, didnt see huge difference so dropped it. But this time, fighting more paras, dragons, balrons I def see huge difference. Changed my mind on arms lore and loving it.

I been noticing this "Arms Lore" is a must for a zerker, but what does it have to be at and what does the template look like because I keep hearing that hiding is a must as well. Would it be something like:

100 wep skill
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 resists
100 arms lore
100 hiding

Because I was also told to have magery, but is just doesn't fit.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I been noticing this "Arms Lore" is a must for a zerker, but what does it have to be at and what does the template look like because I keep hearing that hiding is a must as well. Would it be something like:

100 wep skill
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 resists
100 arms lore
100 hiding

Because I was also told to have magery, but is just doesn't fit.

I have magery instead of hiding. It's just too useful for me to not have. And that's why I got the 20 skill points for med. Your build should work too I think.

Dimok

Master
It's tough because I'm a number cruncher. I want to know the benefit in %. I hear it's based on the mobs wrestling, which of course would make it hard to pin down.
I'm still waiting for these new melee changes to go in before I decide how I want to handle LJ, AL, Magery...one of those has to go.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
If you have 100 magery then ur template will be pretty uoforever, isn't it? You need to have high strength, dex and how many point if int do you need to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
If you have 100 magery then ur template will be pretty uoforever, isn't it? You need to have high strength, dex and how many point if int do you need to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I running str and dex at 100, which leaves 25 int. Just enough to cast magic reflection. As for being uoforever, I am not sure and trying to get a feel for what I should do because I am not liking defensive talisman so far.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
It's tough because I'm a number cruncher. I want to know the benefit in %. I hear it's based on the mobs wrestling, which of course would make it hard to pin down.
I'm still waiting for these new melee changes to go in before I decide how I want to handle LJ, AL, Magery...one of those has to go.

Arms lore seems to be a must though for a zerker, which seems like Lumberjacking and magery might be useless.

Dimok

Master
Arms lore seems to be a must though for a zerker, which seems like Lumberjacking and magery might be useless.
I am leaning toward dropping magery. There was some talk on changes to melee that would most effect lumberjack builds a week or so ago. I'm still waiting to see what becomes of that. As it stands, even with the full LJ bonus, a kat of equal level is much more reliable in both pvp and pve. Oh and you can DP it, and wear a shield in the other hand if you want..

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
I am leaning toward dropping magery. There was some talk on changes to melee that would most effect lumberjack builds a week or so ago. I'm still waiting to see what becomes of that. As it stands, even with the full LJ bonus, a kat of equal level is much more reliable in both pvp and pve. Oh and you can DP it, and wear a shield in the other hand if you want..

The Katana seems to be the best weapon for pvp and pvm, but doesn't lumber-jacking only help Axes or two-handed weapons? So, if you drop magery and lumber-jacking works, what would you make your template to be?

Dimok

Master
The Katana seems to be the best weapon for pvp and pvm, but doesn't lumber-jacking only help Axes or two-handed weapons? So, if you drop magery and lumber-jacking works, what would you make your template to be?
I am saying even with LJ bonus the kat is better then using any axes. I find myself fighting with a slayer kat as it out damages slayer exe axes even with the boost from LJ.
If that gets fixed and axes with LJ is actually worthwhile in either pve or pvp, I'd just drop magery for AL in my current build. Right now I'm anat, heal, tact, sword, resist, LJ, mage.