Archery and poisoning

Should archery use poisoning?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
How many negative hits does archery have to take because it's a ranged attack? It already has:

*Lower hit rate Where is this stated? I guess I could believe it since accuracy modifiers on archery weapons adds weapon skill and not tactics, unlike accuracy modifiers on all other weapons. If this is true, I wonder where a supremely accurate bow would put archery in terms of hit chance compared to other weapons. A question for the devs, perhaps...
*Needs a resource (arrows) Not really a big deal, imo. Money is so easy to come by and arrows are cheap as fuck. Magery needs resources as well but it's always been the PvP dominant template.
*Has no 1 handed weapon type Because the ability to rape you from afar while chugging pots and laughing would be op
*Has no fast weapon speed I wouldn't be opposed to adding repeating crossbows - the ones are super fast but do the least damage.
*Can not be used in combination with pots See two lines up
*No special moves True, but it does have the weapon with the highest single shot damage in the game, the heavy xbow.
*Can't poision on the weapon/attacks Would push archery towards being OP
*Can be line of sighted And melee weapons can be countered by walking one tile away, what's your point?
*Severely diminished by armor Isn't every weapon skill? Where does it say that archery damage is reduced more by armor than other weapon types?
*Only 3 weapons for the whole skill People only use about three different weapon types for each melee skill anyway. Swords: Katana, broadsword, large battle axe (viking sword maybe?). Fencing: Kryss, short spear, long spear. Macing: War hammer, war axe, and... quarterstaff? Maybe? There are so many useless fucking weapons. When was the last time you saw someone PvPing with a pitchfork? Or a long sword? Or a maul? There's a reason nobody uses these useless weapons. They suck dick. I don't see the point of needing more useless weapons for archery, but as I said above, I don't think it could hurt if people wanted something that was faster than a normal bow but did less damage (repeating xbow), but personally I wouldn't use it.
*Have to stand still to shoot For like a half second, not an issue imo.
You are flagged before you fire the arrow as apposed to magery where you are not flagged until the spell lands (hit or resisted) I'm pretty sure as soon as you attack something you instantly shoot, not sure what you're talking about here
*takes 300 skill points (archery, anatomy, tactics) to do what 100 skill points in alchemy can do and more. You're right - They need to tone down alchemy it's OP as fuck.
*like magery if you want to use a pot in pvp and not get raped with no ky, you will probably need wrestling. Unfortunately this is another 100 skill points and archers don't gain the same benificial of not having to swap weapons or spell books to drink a pot. Juggling sucks
Wanna make it fair? Make it any weapon skill can use pots while welding a weapon with 100 wrestling instead of people having it for free or hell 100 wrestling and 100 alchemy I think this is the third time you've repeated yourself about not being able to use pots while holding a bow
*not being able to drink pots does not mean just purple pots. Heals cures and stat pots are all an advantage every combat skill has over archery JK fourth time

I am sure I am missing some here but there is a shit ton of disadvantages to be able to attack a few tiles more than melee. Add in stuns pots and spells and now you have a huge advantage over archery.

But i know "working as intended" smh

Kael

Master
Interrupt yes, but archery can do that now as it is. I'm talking about getting the cursor from a successful cast and then getting poisoned, thus making the heal you just casted useless and you now have to cancel it to drink a cure pot or cast cure.

Even with queue target I believe there is a tiny window where this can happen, not 100% sure on that though.

But archers cant toss pots and use archery (unless they have changed that) So really it would be just a guy running around tossing pots. My tailor can do the same thing.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
But archers cant toss pots and use archery (unless they have changed that) So really it would be just a guy running around tossing pots. My tailor can do the same thing.

Not sure what you're trying to say. I said archers can interrupt - with arrows - I wasn't talking about pots.

I think it would be cool to be able to use poisoned arrows. As far as balancing pvp, that gets a little dicey. Realistically speaking though, if I can coat my dagger in poison, why not my arrow as well?

Any changes that affect pvp mechanics even in the slightest bit are going to be highly controversial. Not that everyone wants everything to stay exactly the same, but balance is hard and takes a long time of tweaking to get it right. Introducing something different always stirs up the pot, but that keeps things interesting too IMO. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents as I have a couple of archers and would like to see them on a level playing field in 1 v 1's. I'd also like to add that in any group pvp setting I have noticed that an Archer has a great advantage with the ranged attack. I think things are well balanced but am open to the idea of implementing poisoning for archers.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
I just want it for PvM, 125 and I'm still missing on dragons, so a little boost would help lol.

Why not for pvp do special circumstances, like it loses 1/2 its potency when used from range on another toon, so its barely more than a stop heal rather than extra dmg.