1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archers misses a lot

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by cuneyt, Jan 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cuneyt

cuneyt Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Buzz Aldrin, Raistlin Majere, Ruenir Starfall
    I have 100 archery and tactics and 80 anatomy with my bard. The miss rate is incredibly high. Sometimes it's %10 it's hitting the target. In general I can say it's no more than 50%. With this rate, it's really impossible to get any fun with archers even if them very enjoying.

I'll make a video about it and post it here. If there is anybody else thinking the same (certainly there must be) please write down.

2. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Some things to think about.
    • The hit rate for any weapon vs another player is 50% however with archery, you can actually increase the hit rate percentage by having higher tactics (ie weapons with accuracy modifiers).
    • When fighting mobs, if the mob has a higher weapon skill than 100.0, then your hit rate will go down further.
    With archery, the weapons are all slow, even regular bows, so the misses appear to happen more often than not, but its the same as any other weapon skill.

3. cuneyt

cuneyt Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If it's already %50, in average the rate might be normal. However, there is not a uniform distrubition among hits and misses. When it misses, it misses e.g 7-8 times and then starts hitting. Maybe a uniform distribution would be more reasonable.

4. Phrygian

Phrygian Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Phrygian
    Repair your bow

5. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Well it is RNG - everyone's most favorite and hated thing in UO. Hit rate is a straight calc, roll die, 50% to hit or 50% to not hit (assuming both parties are at 100.0 skill otherwise the %s change).

6. cuneyt

cuneyt Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It seems to get better after I repaired my bow.