Anyone help with Steam Cursor issue.

Sin Semilla

Novice
I started this past Sunday and while on steam I notice when placing my cursor over certain spots of interest it flips repeatedly and is a bit annoying.

Anyone know how or if this is something that can be fixed?

Sin Semilla

Novice
Anyone able to help with this?

I would pay 100k if someone knows how to stop this from happening it is pretty annoying.

Sin Semilla

Novice
This is from a fresh install on two separate computers. One a completely clean install of win7.

It can happen coming from any direction and happens all the time. Picking stuff up on corpses, moving items in bank, selecting items on vendors.

Decoy

Grandmaster
I had this happen before, awhile ago. Did you try running UO in compatibility mode? Try it with Windows XP.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Try this:
1) Click the Windows button and type: main.cpl
2) Go to Pointer Options tab
3) Make sure 'display pointer trails' is de-selected.

If that doesn't work, try:
2) Go to Pointers tab
3) Under scheme make sure you're set to "Windows Aero (system scheme)

If both of those don't work, try:
2) Click the 'Advanced settings' button
3) Click the Troubleshoot tab
4) Click "Change settings" and move the Hardware Acceleration slider one notch to the left of Full
5) Click OK and yes to reboot

Good luck!

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
I had a working install start doing this a while back, it was most noticeable when you ran the cursor over the edge of things. Like the edge of a container would have it flipping out.

From memory I tracked it down to messing around with the in game mouse setting: run mouse in separate thread. Hopefully this or one of the above helpful suggestions solves your problems.

GL!

Sin Semilla

Novice
I had a working install start doing this a while back, it was most noticeable when you ran the cursor over the edge of things. Like the edge of a container would have it flipping out.

From memory I tracked it down to messing around with the in game mouse setting: run mouse in separate thread. Hopefully this or one of the above helpful suggestions solves your problems.

GL!

Tried everything but, a different mouse because I only have the one and I swore I had checked that on and off but, with minimal testing this fixed it.

I will test for a bit of game play tomorrow and if it's good I will hook you up with the gold.

Spent all night working on this and of course that would be the effin fix lol.