Any vendor content lacking?

Stryfe

Master
I'm opening my vendor near the brit bridge again, and was curious if there's anything that's in demand that's not being provided. Or anything you'd all like to see stocked in that area. This is the first house south of the brit bridge.

Was thinking of not-price-gouged bags of regs/pots?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
kind of a waste of time doing reg bags, best thing to do would be kegs if you're that ambitious. also there's not really much need for town runebooks, i've seen others selling them like silly santa. But for a new shop you can toss your rune in the book and sell them cheap, that will help build customer base

Stryfe

Master
Town rune-books have been selling pretty fast, always have for me. Don't underestimate that location :) a LOT of traffic, especially noob traffic.

Will be putting kegs up fairly soon. Wasnt too sure how theyd do there, considering their weight. Any good keg vendors setup at yew would hurt my biz im sure.

I like your suggestion with the runebook. If you recall, I used to do something like that by handing out free runebooks to newb/newb looking players with 4-5 vendor houses marked in them. The books were paid for by advertisement costs from the vendor house owners.

SidX

Grandmaster
Town rune-books have been selling pretty fast, always have for me. Don't underestimate that location :) a LOT of traffic, especially noob traffic.

Will be putting kegs up fairly soon. Wasnt too sure how theyd do there, considering their weight. Any good keg vendors setup at yew would hurt my biz im sure.

I like your suggestion with the runebook. If you recall, I used to do something like that by handing out free runebooks to newb/newb looking players with 4-5 vendor houses marked in them. The books were paid for by advertisement costs from the vendor house owners.
I've noticed three of the biggest draws to my shop have been consistent recall scrolls in stock at a fair price (35gp per), marked runebooks (with a rune to the shop included in each one), and also EQ barbed leather suits. Barbed suits sell very well, especially if you're in a good PvP/PK spot so people can suit back up. It looks like 1,400-1,600 is a hot price for barbed suits, and they cost a little less than half of that to craft assuming you purchase the barbed leather to make them.

Stryfe

Master
Thanks for the reply. I'll lower my barbed I think. That was something that was always a pain to stock and never really seemed to bring in much gold as say rune books

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SidX

Grandmaster
Thanks for the reply. I'll lower my barbed I think. That was something that was always a pain to stock and never really seemed to bring in much gold as say rune books

Yeah they are a huge pain to craft, especially if you dye them. Too much time consumed for only 600gp profit lol. The only reason I think anyone really sells barbed suits is for the return traffic to their other vendors. A lot of people come to buy a suit and end up buying some recalls, regs, etc. too.

Stryfe

Master
I've noticed three of the biggest draws to my shop have been consistent recall scrolls in stock at a fair price (35gp per), marked runebooks (with a rune to the shop included in each one), and also EQ barbed leather suits. Barbed suits sell very well, especially if you're in a good PvP/PK spot so people can suit back up. It looks like 1,400-1,600 is a hot price for barbed suits, and they cost a little less than half of that to craft assuming you purchase the barbed leather to make them.
I've yet to have an offer to stock them, if you wish to setup a vendor there for scrolls. I'm a bit stretched thin. Not sure where your vendors are now, but brit road is tremendous for non rare every day stuff

Messremb

Grandmaster
The big draws at my vendor are, a low priced reg vendor, and bulk resources. Also my bod vendor and bod cloth vendor do really well as well.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Come to the black market. Last I checked he was selling for 3.25 and 5.25 and he restocks multiple times a day. Best reg vendor in town!

Kidney donations are required to gain access. Our just knowing how to enter cellars.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
I'm opening my vendor near the brit bridge again, and was curious if there's anything that's in demand that's not being provided. Or anything you'd all like to see stocked in that area. This is the first house south of the brit bridge.

Was thinking of not-price-gouged bags of regs/pots?

Runebooks with all the PK/PVP hotspots marked, or just often farmed mobs...

i'll pay for 12 of those books. I need one for 12 chars lol.

colead88

Grandmaster
Any suggestions or tips on how to price them? Never had a clue.

When it comes to tailoring bods, the most sought after smalls are ones for T5 cloth (20x spined or better). After that, anything that is a small to a CBD. Typically a T5 small bod should be 40-50k because you can get shafted with tennis ball yellow or the mint green both which sell for under 10k a yard these days so you take the gamble there. I've seen people trying to get 13k for bods that fill clothing bless deed larges, but in my opinion that's some robbery. I really think 8k is a fair price on those but maybe that's just me. There's a few vendors where they pop up for 2k here 3k there because people don't know what they're doing.

As for smith bods, it's hard to say how they should be priced. Need to look at reward for the large bod and work backwards from the value of that item. For instance, a valorite hammer has 10 charges, and charges sell for 1.5-2mil a pop. Hammer is worth 15mil. Does not mean if you pull a 20x val plate tunic bod that you can sell it for 1/7 the value of the hammer though. In fact, those bods were going for 500k a pop and the large was valued at a mil to 1.5. That said, if you did collect all 6 pieces at 500k a piece and got the lbod for 1.5 you'd be 4.5mil invested on a 15mil item. The profit comes in from taking the time and effort to collect all the pieces. You deserve the 10mil profit in my eyes if you took the time to do it.

Maybe use the same mathematical ratios to price small bods that are pieces for gold, aggy, and verite runic hammers. Obviously a 20x verite chain small bod that goes toward an agapite runic hammer should cost more than a 10x agapite plate small bod which the large also yields an agapite runic hammer. Need to take into consideration it only takes 4 bods total of the chainmail to get the hammer versus the 7 of the plate. Really, the chain small bods for aggy hammer should be 2x the cost of a plate small bod that is a piece to yield an aggy hammer.

Hope that helps some!