Any tips for training magery?

a timber wolf

Apprentice
Thanks to the new player dungeon, i've been able to GM Swords, Tactics, and Anatomy, and Healing will be done shortly, all in a couple hours.

Now i need to tackle Magery, Resisting spells, and poisons. I'm thinking poisons will be easy enough, but im not sure about magery, and the mana issues im facing. Should i ditch poison for med until magery is maxed?

Kareem

Grandmaster
What is your current poisoning? Actually it doesn't matter...You can ditch Anatomy as its FREE and quick to GM but it just puts your character out of commission for a while.

a timber wolf

Apprentice
What is your current poisoning? Actually it doesn't matter...You can ditch Anatomy as its FREE and quick to GM but it just puts your character out of commission for a while.
posion is only 50, i dont mind just buying it back up at an NPC. id rather have a character that can kill things, incase i need to farm.

Kareem

Grandmaster
Its your call, but poisoning in general is a pain because there is like a 10 second delay between each use. I'm not sure how high an NPC will take you. It could be 30-50.

Thanks to the new player dungeon, i've been able to GM Swords, Tactics, and Anatomy, and Healing will be done shortly, all in a couple hours.

Now i need to tackle Magery, Resisting spells, and poisons. I'm thinking poisons will be easy enough, but im not sure about magery, and the mana issues im facing. Should i ditch poison for med until magery is maxed?
Yes ditch poisoning for the time being, and work on Magery/Resist/Med. Also I would suggest u put your Int ^ up and your dex down to get some int to cast more. easy fix later on.
Also going back to poisoning, its easy but time consuming. plan to use atleast 25k nightshade to gm. 40-70 regular, 70-gm Greater, maybe some deadly for the last 99.0

i saw something about +1 skill scrolls. Can you buy an item that levels your skills now? if so, where can i find them?
Vendors outside moonglow or Yew area, and vesper pretty much wherever vendor malls are. but Poisoning scrolls are very expensive, and you may not find magery/Resis scrolls

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Poisoning takes a long, long time. You will have at least 2 GM Alchemists by the time you reach anywhere near 100 Poisoning.

Magery will cost you a few thousand gold in regs and so will resist. Both are very easy here. Find a quiet spot in a dungeon corner and cast on yourself with as many regs as you're comfortable with possibly losing at a time. No need to go more than like 300 of each...

Forget using skill scrolls. Magery and Resist are 10k+ each for a single point. You can practically GM both skills in one day with that money instead.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
ive done alchy and poisoning in a dungeon. find a good spot and only take about 200 of each reg u need. will be done in no time