Another tamer qq trolled by idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Perhaps the staff could implement a new script where your pets are automatic. Let me break that down, : A script could be introduced where all pets are fully automated, this would allow the ranger to sit at the bank, while your pets recall to each farming spot without intervention of its owner. The pet would also heal itself, cure itself, be aware of impossible situations, teleport to murderers and use a combination of spells and melee hits, drink pots, loot, ID and keep only the best items which it puts on your own personal vendor and prices them according to data gathered from the forums. Pets will also clean your house, spend nights in the local inn singing about how great its owner is and will also solicit itself on street corners when you have had to fork out for some skill scrolls to raise its skills because it was ganked by EQMS or some other large bandit group.

Oh and as a bonus, it will also add posts to the PVP forums about speed hacking, complain about reds, moan about drop rates, demand changes to stealing and bake cakes on special occasions.

My Meta Does die, it is not a walking Nuclear Missle. Hopefully one day it is close, because of the amount of time and money i spend on this thing. i feel like i will have earned that. Pks can kill it, drag it off and get it killed, hold it for ransom, and i still loose my stats. You do not play one, like you said, so yo have no idea how LOOONG or EXPENSIVE it takes to lvl one of these metas up, let alone try to keep it strong when it does die.

I get my meta killed enough to loose stats, let alone worrying about a pk adding to that or having it drug off. If i get my meta killed, well maybe i deserve the stat loss. But i dont think that i should loose stats when im being griefed. If you played this type of char you would understand.

Also I will agree that it is the best PVM char and we make lots of money? well maybe we make more then others, but we also SPEND more then others. look at the price of relics, taming ss, and the time/money put into keeping pets stats up, and then having to lvl the relics.

There are now people who specifically hunt down metas and make it there goal to kill them....and its getting worse

That being said I will repeat i am strong supporter of the pks (and i dont play one) but my pets shouldnt suffer so harshly

Bromista

Grandmaster
A. I'm not sure where you get your SS but a pet death = 50k loss MAX.

B. My meta skills are absolutely TRASHED. That is what comes with actually using your pet though. I'm not talking Wrexxorsoul "my meta has never died" (which is BS anyway because he was all about pushing for skill scrolls to be used at less than one full skill pt from cap, why would he care if his pet never died?) and only farming "safe" spawns like the marble isle wyrm and shit. I mean actually using my pet on bosses, in PK hotspots frequented by jealous griefers, in RDAs where sadboys in $ guild bank the fuck out of you with tamer *** after tamer *** after tamer *** alts. Your pets are going to die when you do this and it's no big deal because meta pets are absolute fucking beasts and you can do 2x what any normal dragon or death beetle can do provided you have the proper relics.

This is a non-issue. The only issue is some skills do not train themselves, for example magery stops at well below cap and poisoning doesn't train at all. These skills would still take forever to train naturally if it were possible. These skills do not make or break a meta pets ability to annihilate spawn.

Now if your relics abilities were impacted by stat loss, then there would be something to complain about.

Pandone

Grandmaster

B. My meta skills are absolutely TRASHED. That is what comes with actually using your pet though. I'm not talking Wrexxorsoul "my meta has never died" (which is BS anyway because he was all about pushing for skill scrolls to be used at less than one full skill pt from cap, why would he care if his pet never died?) and only farming "safe" spawns like the marble isle wyrm and shit. I mean actually using my pet on bosses, in PK hotspots frequented by jealous griefers, in RDAs where sadboys in $ guild bank the fuck out of you with tamer *** after tamer *** after tamer *** alts. Your pets are going to die when you do this and it's no big deal because meta pets are absolute fucking beasts and you can do 2x what any normal dragon or death beetle can do provided you have the proper relics.

This is a non-issue. The only issue is some skills do not train themselves, for example magery stops at well below cap and poisoning doesn't train at all. These skills would still take forever to train naturally if it were possible. These skills do not make or break a meta pets ability to annihilate spawn.

Now if your relics abilities were impacted by stat loss, then there would be something to complain about.

gimme name of your ss pusher =)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Everyone sells poisoning SS for 30-35k and magery/resist for around 10k each.

Gimme the name of whoever is ripping you off!

lollo

Grandmaster
i think pandone means that pets lose more than 1 point. So technically you have to buy 2 each of those

Like they lose 1.2 poisoning you need to buy 2 ss to max it again. It doesn't make much sense, but yeah

Darkarna

Grandmaster
you could just stop playing instead speak nosense wasting ppl time or go write on the forum pvp section with the other trolls

Little touchy on this subject eh? Perhaps if we go back to the beginning of this thread we will see that in-fact, I merely pointed out my opinion towards changing, for the benefit of, areas regarding meta-pets. if you choose to see this as trolling then sadly, that is your choice.

I truly understand how criticism can be quite dreadful to some folk, but what else do those folks expect when providing their ever-so useful input upon a public forum? Red carpets and showers of multi-coloured flowers with the familiar clanging of champagne glasses?

Pandone

Grandmaster
So, the sun is nearly down outside, activity is beginning to slow down as people wind down for their nightly slumber. Something is really special about this time of the day, perhaps it is the reason that we know that there is usually a reduced possibility that someone will come knocking, attempting to sell double glazed windows or very sub-standard solar panels with a promise of colours, red or perhaps a black to merge them better with the surrounding area, typically, the amount of energy generated does not warrant a substantial monthly fee.

The schedule on the TV changes also, gone for a few hours are the programs which relate to daytime drama, irrelevant arguments between spouses because someone decided to steal a fake gold bracelet and a presenter who considers himself a personality because he gets to use his vast knowledge of psychology and the wisdom of life *even though he committed adultery himself*.

Enough about real life, let us go all locomotive on the issues of Meta-pets......................................enough said..

not all wanna waste their time reading stupid things (stupider than discussions about uof metas). Ppl already know there's irl etc but we're player and like to talk of stupid things. go troll somewhere else, there are other forum section where it's ok. All of your text i've quoted is a troll for me, it can just brainfuck you if you read it and you can't speak english very well. Then again you are not active as tamer for sure nor as pvmer in general. NOW who owns metas is also the "not uber rich notos or powerplayers" that can affort to fullfill skilloss with some patience, lot of ppl just do maps or fish for the pleasure of it max 2 hrs at day and those ppl opinions are way more acceptable than yours

Darkarna

Grandmaster
not all wanna waste their time reading stupid things (stupider than discussions about uof metas). Ppl already know there's irl etc but we're player and like to talk of stupid things. go troll somewhere else, there are other forum section where it's ok. All of your text i've quoted is a troll for me, it can just brainfuck you if you read it and you can't speak english very well. Then again you are not active as tamer for sure nor as pvmer in general. NOW who owns metas is also the "not uber rich notos or powerplayers" that can affort to fullfill skilloss with some patience, lot of ppl just do maps or fish for the pleasure of it max 2 hrs at day and those ppl opinions are way more acceptable than yours

You have something which some would consider a privilege, has already been stated that they are incredibly powerful and yet wish to provide them with another boost. Again, I am not trolling, again my opinion does count and finally, once again, I am sorry that you have taken everything I have stated this way and please, do not use the "I can't speak English very well" point, you are doing very well so far..

FAMARA

Grandmaster

costs more than 50k. you lose more then 1 full point when it dies and its full.

wrexorsouls pet has never died. he pushed for skill scrolls so he can be a little less safe with it.

talk about stuff you know about bromista i know that is pretty uncommon but holy crap dude. u spout out your mouth with some random ass shit.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol @ fagara...

Spouting off eh? The irony is oh so real and oh, oh so juicy.

I think everyone here is grossly overestimating the impact that fractions of a pt of skill have. It's like pet stats that people nut over and pay top dollar for. It makes such a little difference that it's laughable.

You guys hang onto your dreams of .2 making a shit of difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tantreghan

Grandmaster

It does cost more then 50k, and if the meta killers are out in full force and i loose my pet again well.....
Plus if i take my meta and maybe my ww and they both get player wacked im down even more.

Having "trashed" skills for my pet or meta should NOT come with using my pet, it should come with using my pet poorly. If I get my pet killed or w/e then i suppose i should have to suffer in some way. Having others repeatedly kill and harm my pets just cause they know how much it costs or how much money i spend etc shouldnt be the way it is. I Put all the time and money into pursing my tamer so I can farm dangerous and tough beasts, not to farm safe spots....i would use my dexxer for that and i do =)

If you are pvping and die, you loose all your stuff, if you get grifed that sucks, but its over nothing else lost

If I am out pvming and i get killed, yes i loose all my stuff (which i know isnt much usually) BUT i also loose my pets stats which is allot, and if i continue to hunt and get wacked again "bang" stat loss. Now i realize rez killing or griefing doesnt happen right away as it can on a dexxer or similar char but when i get my pets alive / find a way to get them out of the dungoen if i havnt used up my "seek forgivness" or "help" options, then i need a guildy or another accnt to do so. But if the bad peeps are out roaming for my pets they will find me again.

I like the thrill of avoiding pks and others and its fun, but not in such an expensive way that is so easy for the other person to do.

One other point is that if your going to have good pets like a drag, ww, nightmare, or meta then you probably have spent some rl money to add relics and keep them balled so people dont run off with them.....and if u run out of charges...well, we have to buy another....and tamers are the only ones affected by this is a "must have" way.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Potential of losing gear aside, dexers have cooldowns for relics if they die thus reducing their money making potential for 15 mins. Pets have skill loss. It's fine.

I initially thought stat loss was too severe at 1 pt per death. Then I had a revelation in regards to the insane amount of gold, PS, and SS I was turning out with my "crippled" pets.

The OP illustrates the lack of necessity of change. Pandone has farmed more than enough to pay for the pet + relics. The pet is now going to be turning a profit and it will do so faster than ever. There is no point in owning a meta unless you are in it for the long haul so that it may pay for itself and then some.

Metass allow you to tank the toughest shit in the game SOLO, and you have a huge boost to your "spike damage" allowing you to score drops at champs and bosses with less work/showing up late. A few skill pts here and there don't mean shit.

I am a tamer whore and I am telling you it just. does. not. matter. It's not just what you have, but what you do with it.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
bromista is all for fucking the community he doesnt even know how he comes up with his own stances on things, he doesnt use a meta like any actual player of uof. or he would be crying away, so bromistas output shouldnt even be recognized.

he obviously doesnt even know how much skill a pet loses when it dies.

i have only seen bromistas meta die a couple times, and thats because i have only seen him use it a couple times.

he would rather craft with his time.

Bromista

Grandmaster

Sad.

You're such a fucking weirdo, fam. Keep it classy.

I really enjoyed the fucking the community part.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Perhaps I am missing the point here, maybe I require a little more education to such matters or perhaps this thread orbits around an issue which is not an issue, just a way to balance out the output of meta-pets. The best fix would be to remove them completely and be done with this tripe once and for all, no offence to the team who scripted them as the work is pretty tasty in itself, but the output from these things are just well, frightening at the very least and way overpowered.

I call for more nerf's to them, if your pet dies, it does not lose skill but it takes an HOUR to rest and you are unable to use it for said hour. If it dies twice in a period of four hours, then you can not use it for two hours and its loyalty drops one level and stays there for the remainder of the day. Also, if your pet attacks ANY player red or blue using ALL KILL, there is a 6% chance it gets a new buff called 'blood lust', where it goes completely over the top with a damage increase of 20% and its defence increases by 10%, the pet can now attack everyone including the owner, is very difficult to control unless you cast dispel on the pet *the more people it kills, the angrier it gets*. All guard is not included in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.