Another take on pvp?

Streets

Grandmaster
First off i thought this was more of a suggestion than a pvp discussion so if the admins feel it fits better there then I apologise and if possible move it there.

What about a persistent battleground? Something like other mmo's have had (dark age of Camelot, wow, guild wars ect. Somewhere where you have a single base but out her outposts that can be captured for you team? Minimal spawn the focus is pvp and objectives. So here is the breakdown of some key bullet points:

* Use an existing uo landmass. I know Shane said they had no intentions of using the lost lands but maybe reporpose them for this? Maybe malas ect.

* Have 3 team/ faction choices. I know we have 4 factions now but in my experience an odd number has always worked better. Or add a 5th?

* Each team/faction has a starting hub town that they can never loose. This is worst case senario they have at least a single rally point to work from.

* Add towers throughout the land. I would recommend using player house tiles to simplify things? These towers can be attacked and have guards/defences which can be killed. They attack apposing factions but are not invincible like town guards. These towers should offer a small bonus for holding them. Defending players may have a damage reduction buff while near the tower or a bonus to damage buff?

* Make tower defences upgradeable. Have guards have better Heather and damage. Maybe make siege weapons?

* When a tower has been attacked and a special npc kiled that faction can place a stone in the tower which will make the guards spawn for thier faction type.

* Maybe something like daoc where who ever owns the most towers owns access to a special dungeon. This was always fun when faction control switched and another faction came pouring in and wiped out ever player that did not belong before farming. New loot/items?

* Maybe some unique quest that would trigger a "hero" of your faction to wander the battle field attacking enemies.

* Since this would be a different world server you could also spice things up for this area only such as special attacks/abilities while on the battle field. Items usable only in the battle ground (I can not take them to the normal game to keep things balanced)

* Persistent battle ground. Unlike ctf or king of the hill events that have a predetermined start and end this would always run and need very little staff to run once established.

* Optionally Easy to balance. If a faction/team has lower members or there is to much to overcome add a small buff for being under doged while in the battle ground.

* Since you can use an existing land mass and current house tiles to make towers/capture points I would think it would be much easier to build than say a custom expansion.

* Purely opt in. Nobody is forced to partake in these changes. If it's not your thing not a problem. This may draw pk'ing away somewhat (although not garenteed.) The only issue would be spreading players out to far. I know the devs would rather do things with the current land mass but due to housing, spawns, everyday uo going on it maybe a consideration if done right?

Ok I'm done for now any ideas, expand on this, or have ideas why this is not worth the idea?