Another sad player

Followill

Neophyte
Hello guys,

I used to play Ultima Online when I was young, between 2002-2008. And I became very excited when I found this server when I was talking to my friend. We are both brazilians.

I started to play this week and after some trouble I actually understand the server systems.

But after some hours playing I became really sad... the skills are not so hard to train, but there so many rich players and full of items that I have no hope that someday I'll be able to go to dungeons or PvP without being crushed by these players.

I do not expect to the change anything, just trying to find some way to have fun playing there.

Anyone have some tips to help me? How can I get some money and become happy? :D

Babethoven

Grandmaster
start a provocation character, I hear archery + provocation does well, I myself use a mage/provo.. that should get you started building up gold to eventually get a tamer rolling, go to champ spawns do mimic what other players are doing to earn a chance to get lucky on a scroll!!

Jakaro

Master
Start roleplaying a character-- the shard is still relatively small, so many players know each other or know of each other, and it's fun to have random interactions with them!

Asmatu

Master
Or crafting/resource gathering. Or a Combo of everything.

But, with fast skill gain as it is, it mostly benefits newer players like yourself, you can catch up, and get to 7x GM without too incredible of amount of work. As such, you can attain everything you need to fight equally with every other individual player within a much shorter period that previously. Only thing that'l take time is gaining experience, and of course, figuring out what you like most, or cycling through between the variety of stuff you can do in this game/server.

Followill

Neophyte
start a provocation character, I hear archery + provocation does well, I myself use a mage/provo.. that should get you started building up gold to eventually get a tamer rolling, go to champ spawns do mimic what other players are doing to earn a chance to get lucky on a scroll!!

I'm following a guide for a Bard with those skills

Anatomy
Swords (Archery then)
Healing
Hiding
Musicianship
Provocation
Tactics

but it's really hard to train on dungeons, there so many PKs and even the npcs kills me:(

Followill

Neophyte
Start roleplaying a character-- the shard is still relatively small, so many players know each other or know of each other, and it's fun to have random interactions with them!

I'd love to do that, but my english doesn't help me... :rolleyes:

by the way I'll try to make some friends who can help me, thanks! ;)

Followill

Neophyte
Or crafting/resource gathering. Or a Combo of everything.

But, with fast skill gain as it is, it mostly benefits newer players like yourself, you can catch up, and get to 7x GM without too incredible of amount of work. As such, you can attain everything you need to fight equally with every other individual player within a much shorter period that previously. Only thing that'l take time is gaining experience, and of course, figuring out what you like most, or cycling through between the variety of stuff you can do in this game/server.

I'll try to do that Provo/Archer and find some dungeon... I really appreciate your attention. Ty!

Tsuki

Journeyman
I started out with exactly the same template as you did then moved on to mage/provo (my own preference) as soon as I got the gold to train magery... I did die a lot at the start (still do to pks :p). But a month later and I now have my houses, 5 chars that are fully trained and enough gold to afford little luxuries. Still poor compared to a lot of people but it just means I have stuff to look forward to on a daily basis :)

Also try to find a guild. It does really make things easier.

Don't worry, it's hard starting out on your own here but it gets easier and it's a hell of a lot of fun!

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
You can get to 7x GM quite quickly and with minimal time investment if you macro most skills, at which point you can start farming gold and have a good chance of surviving attacks. The PK's attacking you in dungeons may all be millionaires, but that doesn't really give them much of an edge. They are still just using 100 gp worth of regs.

Kith kannen

Master
I've made money while training taming I don't see a crazy amount of PKs running around outside and I only kill stuff that's in my way for taming...ettins/ogres occasional paragons. Just make sure you bank when you get a decent amount and only carry 25 ish of each reg and no armor so it's not a big deal if they do manage to kill you.

Followill

Neophyte
I started out with exactly the same template as you did then moved on to mage/provo (my own preference) as soon as I got the gold to train magery... I did die a lot at the start (still do to pks :p). But a month later and I now have my houses, 5 chars that are fully trained and enough gold to afford little luxuries. Still poor compared to a lot of people but it just means I have stuff to look forward to on a daily basis :)

Also try to find a guild. It does really make things easier.

Don't worry, it's hard starting out on your own here but it gets easier and it's a hell of a lot of fun!

I think that I'll go to something like 70 Magery / 30 Healing... or less Healing to be able to cast some spells and open travel gates...

Now I get a rune for Bard's Room with another brazilian that I found in Britain and I will just macro till I get 7xGM ;)

Followill

Neophyte
Have you made a recall macro?

So, with one click, you can be back at a marked rune location.

I don't have yet, it's my first time with Razor, here in Brazil we used to play with Injection, EasyUO and also UOAssist :D:D

But I'll look for some Razor tutorials soon!

Tsuki

Journeyman
You should have a look at these threads, the first one has a lot of replies:

http://uoforum.com/threads/archer-bard-template.15367/#post-94974

http://uoforum.com/threads/bard-archer-mage-template-stats-advice.27481/#post-172687

might be useful in choosing your skills.

Make sure you take nothing of value to the bard room. You will probably get pked at some point (we all have there). Basic music instruments and survival stuff if you want. I simply went with musical instruments, couple of regs and charges in my runebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurayia

Expert
but it's really hard to train on dungeons, there so many PKs and even the npcs kills me:(
Bank often, keep your friends close, try to go to places where others don't go frequently... :) its possible to start from scratch, even without provo/archer.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Hello guys,

I used to play Ultima Online when I was young, between 2002-2008. And I became very excited when I found this server when I was talking to my friend. We are both brazilians.

I started to play this week and after some trouble I actually understand the server systems.

But after some hours playing I became really sad... the skills are not so hard to train, but there so many rich players and full of items that I have no hope that someday I'll be able to go to dungeons or PvP without being crushed by these players.

I do not expect to the change anything, just trying to find some way to have fun playing there.

Anyone have some tips to help me? How can I get some money and become happy? :D

There's really nothing for pvp that you can get by being rich that a player newer to the server can't get fairly easily. Great magic weapons and armor are very easy to come by. Even then, rich players will still wear regular old barbed leather suits, for example (which can be purchased off a vendor for 1K), because they are good enough for most situations.

Put simply, being rich is not necessary for pvp. Shane has intentionally made the server that way. All a pvper needs are the basics, all of which are cheap.

Followill

Neophyte
You should have a look at these threads, the first one has a lot of replies:

http://uoforum.com/threads/archer-bard-template.15367/#post-94974

http://uoforum.com/threads/bard-archer-mage-template-stats-advice.27481/#post-172687

might be useful in choosing your skills.

Make sure you take nothing of value to the bard room. You will probably get pked at some point (we all have there). Basic music instruments and survival stuff if you want. I simply went with musical instruments, couple of regs and charges in my runebook.

I'll take a look on that.

Thank you bro!