Announcer NPCs for Homes

SidX

Grandmaster
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't believe the ability to do this exists yet in UO.. it's been a few years since I played prior to UOF.

I would love for there to be an "Announcer Deed". The deed, purchasable via an NPC or other medium, would allow a home owner to place an announcer in their home. Placement of the announcer would work similarly to a Contract of Employment. When people walked within 5 tiles of the announcer, the announcer would announce a greeting.

This could be beneficial to vendor houses, guild houses, auction houses, etc. for all types of announcements.

Example announcements:

"Welcome to Gankware LLC. Please, no PKing allowed."
"All guild members: Please close the door on the way in to prevent thieves from entering."
"The next Majestic Oaks Auction will be Tuesday at 5pm!"
"Please PM SidX on forums for custom and bulk orders"

The possibilities are essentially endless. It could be a cool addition to any home.

I could've sworn there was a way to do this but I really can't remember so let me know if there is.

Snickle

Grandmaster
As far as some way to do this, you COULD use a bar tender deed which lets you set three key words that you'd say and he has a corresponding message (that you also set). I guess you could set up an alt In your vendor house spamming the key words so his message is always seen

SidX

Grandmaster
As far as some way to do this, you COULD use a bar tender deed which lets you set three key words that you'd say and he has a corresponding message (that you also set). I guess you could set up an alt In your vendor house spamming the key words so his message is always seen
THAT'S what I was thinking of, thank you.. I was going crazy. I know in the past I saw a menu to enter some sort of announcement on an NPC. I guess this is a good temporary way, set a response to things like "vendor buy", "vendor look", "Kal Ort Por" ;)

SidX

Grandmaster
your bartender disappears after like a day though.
This, plus having an alt spam messages would require you to be online all the time on a second client, and PKs could kill them. This NPC would only announce things when people walk by, like a Town Crier says the news when you say "news", etc. I'd imagine they could do this by modifying the script for the raffle vendors, no clue.