An idea for statloss re-vamp

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The problem is that the current statloss system is a time sink, which forces some players to log off for a maximum of 2 days. For some players, it is easy to get annoyed by being forced to log off for that long, and in some cases they never return. I believe that this day and age, there are alot of other games that are attractive to players, so in essence, it might be good to look into alternative punishment types.

rather than the system we have now, I propose that we change statloss to look like this:

If a red player dies inside a dungeon, he is prompted that he must pay 50k gold to avoid statloss of 24 hours.

If he pays, half of the gold gets deleted, and half goes to the player who dealt the final blow. If no player dealt the final blow, then all the gold is deleted.

If that red player dies again within 4 hours, he will be instantly statted by the game with no option to pay any gold for 24 hours.

Also

If a red player dies outside of a dungeon, he is prompted with a 25k fee, with the same 4 hour wait time before he is able to pay to avoid stat again else 24 hour stat is instantly inflicted apon his next death within that timeframe.

Pros: red players must actively play the game to be able to afford the benefits. Boost in activity all around. gives incentive to reds to stay out of dungeons and on the feild.

Cons: none

discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
um, reds getting twice the bang for their buck on each of their red characters? Kind of a con, because now you will have a lot more solo reds running around preying on the newb class rather than groups of reds to protect their heads.

I would say best idea would be to up the maximum bounty on the head from 25k to like 100k. This gives people more incentive to NOT stat the red and collect a nice bounty instead. As ive said in a previous thread, 25k does not provide anything close to the satisfaction you get stating a red.

Obviously what you want will never happen, but upping the max bounty price for heads could potentially happen i would think.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
what on earth makes you even THINK people would pay 100k for their heads? theres maybe single digit players throughout this whole timeline in playing that has probably payed that 50k, your nuts!!! i laugh at noobs sending 25-50k offers, I get insta stat'd, dont even receive offers anymore, people are so scared of pvp they get rid of reds so they can farm gold in peace, then what? you reach a certain point where you own everything you want, you get bored and eventually you lose interest in the game or only log on during events

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Having a situation like reds fighting blues on brit bridge is one way even the newest player weilding only NPC bought weapons can join in and make a difference, not to mention just being able to see PvP happen with their own eyes sometimes for the first time. If those reds are gone, new players typically will turn to becoming red when learning to pvp, which is the type of situation which prompted this post. Not always is the case that they quit because they are angry, but it gives them a chance to get hooked on another game.

what on earth makes you even THINK people would pay 100k for their heads? theres maybe single digit players throughout this whole timeline in playing that has probably payed that 50k, your nuts!!! i laugh at noobs sending 25-50k offers, I get insta stat'd, dont even receive offers anymore, people are so scared of pvp they get rid of reds so they can farm gold in peace, then what? you reach a certain point where you own everything you want, you get bored and eventually you lose interest in the game or only log on during events

You dont get offers cuz you wont pay the 25k, not that it is shit for gold anyways. I wouldnt even hassle with it for 25k. I mean if you dont want to pay something people will actually consider then just face statloss, it says it when they send you the deal for you head. If 100k is worth more than 48 hours of statloss on one character then face statloss. Do you think anyone gives a flying shit if one of your reds is gone for 48hours? Does that affect the server in any way? Hells no, no one gives a fuck. The world goes on with or without you.

I would maybe spend that 48 hours learning how to not die so much, then maybe you wouldnt be complaining about statloss all the time. HEH

Having a situation like reds fighting blues on brit bridge is one way even the newest player weilding only NPC bought weapons can join in and make a difference, not to mention just being able to see PvP happen with their own eyes sometimes for the first time. If those reds are gone, new players typically will turn to becoming red when learning to pvp, which is the type of situation which prompted this post. Not always is the case that they quit because they are angry, but it gives them a chance to get hooked on another game.

can you please stop saying that making statloss less will help these newbs out of young status in some way shape or form. COZ it will not help them in any way at all! I dont even know why i continue to respond, you obviously arent even reading my posts......

How bout statloss goes away completely, then blues can get a real feel for what it feels like to be shit on time and time again. This will get them used to PKing in all its glory. That way they will stay longer, because they will already be used to getting boned all day in the dungeons by reds. So when a day comes where they get shit on more than 25 times in one day, they wont quit, they will just say "hey thats UO, i love this game"

Maybe you should make a new character named "I PAY FOR MY XTRA FOR MY HEAD" and then you can strike bargains with your vast amounts of gold rather than get stat'd all the time?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Do you think anyone gives a flying shit if one of your reds is gone for 48hours? Does that affect the server in any way? Hells no, no one gives a fuck. The world goes on with or without you.

Thats what OSI said when they put trammel in, and now look, UOF is doing better than OSI. Wonder why?

anyways, please stop flooding the suggestion, you disagree, thats fine.

Sarphus

Journeyman
One of the reasons I think statloss is fine is that I see several reds every night and every player can have a minimum of 6 characters with a max of 10. If you're dieing so much that you can't keep a playable character with those kind of options then I don't think the system is responsible for your problems.

One of the things I really like about the statloss mechanic is that it discourages naked pking. Another thing I like about it is it discourages people who are bad at pvp from taking advantage of low health players when they can cast 1 spell and take someone's loot. Risk vs reward...

There should always be consequences for killing other players. 48 hour penalty box is hardly an excessive punishment.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
48 hour penalty box is hardly an excessive punishment.

Nobody is saying that 48 hours hasn't done it's job, and nobody is disagreeing that it is ''too much'' of a punishment.

But the TYPE of punishment is wrong, (total time sink)

Also trying to address the fact that the punishment can easily reflect the crime if the area the red is statted is taken into consideration.

a red in a dungeon is there to kill bards, hands down.

the punishment should reflect that crime since it is worse than a player who is killing players in areas where it is less likely that they are fighting players with non pvp templates.

Gore

Adept

You "laugh at noobs who offer 25k". First of all you're dead. To a "noob". Second of all 25k is nothing. 3rd of all no one is "scared of pvp". The only people who are "scared of pvp" are reds who don't faction fight. 4th of all shouldn't you be on a "break"?

Babe. You're not good. You are "leaving" because flube left. The only one scared of anything here is you.

Stat loss is fine the way it is. If you're good you won't die. If you're bad you will. /thread

wreckognize

Grandmaster
not surprised to see Gore attempting to de-rail this thread, the current statloss is probably the only thing keeping his crew on top, since if the developers would implement this then those new players with hidden talents may start expressing themselves more often.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
You "laugh at noobs who offer 25k". First of all you're dead. To a "noob". Second of all 25k is nothing. 3rd of all no one is "scared of pvp". The only people who are "scared of pvp" are reds who don't faction fight. 4th of all shouldn't you be on a "break"?

Babe. You're not good. You are "leaving" because flube left. The only one scared of anything here is you.

Stat loss is fine the way it is. If you're good you won't die. If you're bad you will. /thread

he obviously didn't learn his first time gettin banned on continual thread derailment, lets see if he learns this next time

not surprised to see Gore attempting to de-rail this thread, the current statloss is probably the only thing keeping his crew on top, since if the developers would implement this then those new players with hidden talents may start expressing themselves more often.

here we go again... less statloss will help the noobs....

Malkraven

Grandmaster
im sure 12 hrs would do the same job as 48 thou... i mean isnt it just to keep said red from returning to the battle/champ/dungeon for some time?

to keep somone not playing UOF for 48 hrs seems counter productive to me. ( i dont often play my reds either)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I said stat loss is fine the way it is. Detailed nothing.

sorry, I posted before you had a chance to edit and add that part in, i guess. I see now that you're here just to stay on topic lol for sure, so lucky that i didnt report you :D this time