Alternative to PK Stat Loss

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
No.

Let's be honest. The 2 days max temp stat is not enough punishment as we see reds 24/7 mopping up people. Everyone and their mom will soon have 2 / 3 pk chars (if they don't already) so unless they die on all of them within a 48 hour period, it's not a real deterent.

It should probably be pushed to 72 hours, forcing them to either be real pks or play on their blues and actually make noto pking a worth while endeavor financially (incentivized) where people would realistically pay 50k for their heads back; as it stands I've had people message me say "F you, I'll just log on my other pk" and by this point it's probably not a bluff, just the facts with multiple accounts / character slots.

It's turning into a FPS game, but it's still fun...could be better with harsher penalties to separate the people really about that life.
Which uo sounds better to you out of these options.

1. You see less pks. Get attacked less. And the pks on the server spend less time pking.
Or
2. Or pks get to spend more time pking. And there is constantly people coming through checking for pks, hunting them.

Nubby

Apprentice
1) False argument. If you can't pk as easily / frequently it forces you to play actual PvP (factions, or chaos/order)
You will see less pks, but the ones you see will be legitamate, and not say "lol, stat me" when you kill them and take their head

2) They would have to either be serious pks, or play other pvp options

bin Laden

Expert
the difference between being a pk and being in factions is you can go anywhere and attack anyone whenever you please. in factions you walk around like a troll and wait for someone in town to show up or wait for some noob to go grey and jump him.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
1) False argument. If you can't pk as easily / frequently it forces you to play actual PvP (factions, or chaos/order)
You will see less pks, but the ones you see will be legitamate, and not say "lol, stat me" when you kill them and take their head

I wasnt arguing either of those are realities. I was just wondering if you leaned tram or old school. I can tell your near the middle. So.I was just checking. But that answer works to.
<3

kraut

Neophyte
1) That would suck, why should i play a factioner when i dont want to? I don't like factions when i used to play order/chaos i quit cause there were no honor. Factioned people never play 1v1 if you were alone (and they're 5)... they just kill. For that i prefer being a solo pk and fight with several blues wherever and when i want to.

2) I'm a serious pk (don't like to loose my head) because i only have one. You are thinking on people who have 6pks are rich and have too much time to play this game. Not everyone is like that.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
1) That would suck, why should i play a factioner when i dont want to? I don't like factions when i used to play order/chaos i quit cause there were no honor. Factioned people never play 1v1 if you were alone (and they're 5)... they just kill. For that i prefer being a solo pk and fight with several blues wherever and when i want to.

2) I'm a serious pk (don't like to loose my head) because i only have one. You are thinking on people who have 6pks are rich and have too much time to play this game. Not everyone is like that.
I'm confused.
The main thread was suggesting no statloss. Just a block on attacking blues.

My random hope was for the community to be the ultimate checks and balance systems for the pk vs farmer.

That other dudes suggestion was for longer stat loss time. To thin out the pk heard.

Now I think I could argue either way on any of those.

But I don't think that increasing a pks stat loss time will guarantee an increase in faction PvP.

If any guarantee was true for that option I would think it would be if you increase the statloss time for pks.
Some will roll in bigger groups...
And some will quit.

I know alot of people don't like pks.... I'm one of them.....
But I neeeeed them.

I don't really want to punish them for taking on a very important roll in my uo experience.

I'll admit there are a few bad apples I could do without.

But its their game too.....

I just woke up. I gotta get ready for work.

Bottom line for all future posts.
I disagree with the trammie tilting punish pk agendas.

I don't like pks.

But I wanna kill them... Not call their parents to get them grounded from playing.

kraut

Neophyte
I'm confused.
The main thread was suggesting no statloss. Just a block on attacking blues.
That other dudes suggestion was for longer stat loss time. To thin out the pk heard.
Yeah, maybe i wasn't clear on my writing.

I like the idea to block attacking blues... or just keep the actual statloss system.
But don't agree or see any advantage to add more penalties to pks. For me, the consecuences will be not to be pk hehe.

I'm always talking from my point of view of the game. When i was blue i look for pks everywhere and never found them, so i decide to be pk cause factions don't like me, i like playing solo. So i dont understand when people talk about pks in everywhere. Maybe is the time i play hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve-o

Grandmaster
That is a great idea!

Or just make that u do /2 not at 100kills but at 40/50 kills (lower the time in stat)

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Yeah, maybe i wasn't clear on my writing.

I like the idea to block attacking blues... or just keep the actual statloss system.
But don't agree or see any advantage to add more penalties to pks. For me, the consecuences will be not to be pk hehe.

I'm always talking from my point of view of the game. When i was blue i look for pks everywhere and never found them, so i decide to be pk cause factions don't like me, i like playing solo. So i dont understand when people talk about pks in everywhere. Maybe is the time i play hehe.
I wasn't confused by you kraut.
I was confused on how we had a thread going trying to find a better way to keep pks down without telling them they can't play. And the dude suggested more stat loss time. Thus countering everything we are talking about.

I don't want people sitting out waiting on thier stats.

Struan

Expert
Well according to Doobey..

Everyone who thinks Pk's should have more risk is a tilting trammie lover who wants to call the pks parents.

Pretty sure stat loss existed pre trammel and was a lot harsher than it is here. So in effect you support nerfing the original game and making things easier on PKs than was intended.

Pretty sure that makes you the prag trammy loving phone fink.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Here's an idea: make it so PKs can only get statted if they die while in a dungeon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I personally don't want to stat those pks. I only want to stat the people meteor storming houses, or hunting at vendor malls, or griefing macroers.

If a solo pk comes at me in a dungen and I win. I'm never gunna stat him.
I'll keep his head as a trophy.

But in my humble opinion he has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to sit his toon out.

If a group of 6 pks come through and face roll everyone but one dies and I get his head.... Yeah I'm stating him.

If I'm find someone slaughtering afk bards in deceit and I get his head I'm stating him.

I like the idea of stat loss kinda.

I just don't want people sitting on the bench. I want everyone in the game...
I want more farmers. More thieves. More pks. More everything but takers griefers and ninja looters.... We are at capacity on those

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I personally don't want to stat those pks. I only want to stat the people meteor storming houses, or hunting at vendor malls, or griefing macroers.

If a solo pk comes at me in a dungen and I win. I'm never gunna stat him.
I'll keep his head as a trophy.

But in my humble opinion he has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to sit his toon out.

If a group of 6 pks come through and face roll everyone but one dies and I get his head.... Yeah I'm stating him.

If I'm find someone slaughtering afk bards in deceit and I get his head I'm stating him.

I like the idea of stat loss kinda.

I just don't want people sitting on the bench. I want everyone in the game...
I want more farmers. More thieves. More pks. More everything but takers griefers and ninja looters.... We are at capacity on those
Absolutely.

I guess I find that the majority of PKs in dungeons are there to grief PvM chars, while the majority of PKs near Brit bridge and running around are just looking for fights. I support one of those far more than the other.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Absolutely.

I guess I find that the majority of PKs in dungeons are there to grief PvM chars, while the majority of PKs near Brit bridge and running around are just looking for fights. I support one of those far more than the other.

What is griefing pvm chars?

Griefing to me is when your harassing the defenseless.
With no actual motivation for competition.
Ie: afk macroers, people in their houses, people shopping, people rezzing.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
What is griefing pvm chars?

Griefing to me is when your harassing the defenseless.
With no actual motivation for competition.
Ie: afk macroers, people in their houses, people shopping, people rezzing.
Killing naked chars that are gaining taming, killing their mounts, looting them dry, and talking shit afterwards.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Killing naked chars that are gaining taming, killing their mounts, looting them dry, and talking shit afterwards.

Oh shit yeah my bad. I.wasn't aware.that went on lol.
Well the nakid chara part is irrelevant. Sometimes I'm nakid. Just cause I didn't feel like grabbing armor.
But yeah killing tamers mounts and talking shit is silly.

I'm not gunna hate on the looting them dry part.... If u kill me I got lots for u to loot. And your more then welcome to take it all.

Pks need money too.

I'll say its really hard to kill someone who doesn't wanna die. If you got pots bags bandages runebook
Unless there's like 4 u can get away. Unless u r afk lol

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Oh shit yeah my bad. I.wasn't aware.that went on lol.
Well the nakid chara part is irrelevant. Sometimes I'm nakid. Just cause I didn't feel like grabbing armor.
But yeah killing tamers mounts and talking shit is silly.

I'm not gunna hate on the looting them dry part.... If u kill me I got lots for u to loot. And your more then welcome to take it all.

Pks need money too.

I'll say its really hard to kill someone who doesn't wanna die. If you got pots bags bandages runebook
Unless there's like 4 u can get away. Unless u r afk lol
I expect them to steal money. I'm talking about looting non-exceptional instruments.

Sadly, while taming, I've had my recall macro interrupted a few times. It happens, and it's part of the game, but when I get my alt and kill them, they deserve to be statted.

Fights at WBB probably shouldn't include stat, though.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I expect them to steal money. I'm talking about looting non-exceptional instruments.

Sadly, while taming, I've had my recall macro interrupted a few times. It happens, and it's part of the game, but when I get my alt and kill them, they deserve to be statted.

Fights at WBB probably shouldn't include stat, though.

I'm with u. The stat system is in place and.u should usr it how u see fit.

I'd just hope people could atleast support the idea of more people hunting pks. I'd be there to rez your tamer if there were more rewards for killing pks.
But they don't carry shit of value usually

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I'm with u. The stat system is in place and.u should usr it how u see fit.

I'd just hope people could atleast support the idea of more people hunting pks. I'd be there to rez your tamer if there were more rewards for killing pks.
But they don't carry shit of value usually
For sure. And actually, once I finish my tamer and make cash, I want to make a unique group that both takes the cash from PvM chars (without killing them) and kill PKs on sight. It'll be fun as hell, and I know there are plenty of players here that would want to jump in.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Well according to Doobey..

Everyone who thinks Pk's should have more risk is a tilting trammie lover who wants to call the pks parents.

Pretty sure stat loss existed pre trammel and was a lot harsher than it is here. So in effect you support nerfing the original game and making things easier on PKs than was intended.

Pretty sure that makes you the prag trammy loving phone fink.
Not at all sir. I'm not even hating on trammie thinking. I love my uncle to death and I want him to come play. But he only likes tram. So he won't come.
Im not a hater I want everyone happy. I just want the punishments and rewards to inflate the population and activity.
I feel a lot of sympathy for the solo pk and duo pks who make their MMO living hunting people in dungeons. And.it makes me sad when people insta stat them.

They are an important part of my gaming experience. I just want them to die and go re gear. Not sit out for 2 days.