Alow ability to Transfer Horses to Young players would be good!

Should server code be changed to alow Tamers to Transfer/Give Horses to Young Players?

• Yup! (Please give reason)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Nope! (Please give reason)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like Cheese 'n' Salt 'n' Vinegar Square Sandwiches :-D (Who needs a reason?!)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Hay all :)

Currently i'm making a tamer and we cannot sell the animals we tame to the NPC Animal Trainers etc so rather than just tame and release everything i thought it would be a great idea to tame horses and bring them back to bring back n give them away to Young players to help them out..... but it wont let me transfer any tame, including a horse to a Young player which suxx when your(me) are trying to help them out :-/

I even had a guy come up to me today when i was walking around brit bank and offer to give me 5k if i then gave away all my horses to n00bs/Young players and i had to tell him that the servers code wont alow it.\

We both agree that not being able to give away a horse to a n00b as a kind gesture doesn;'t "sit well" with this shards obvious helpfulness to n00bs what with the n00b dungeon, new player status etc so alowing us tamers to give Horses to Young players would be a beneficial change to Young players and the shards general appearance to any new players that join :)

Thoughts? :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I can't think of any reason not to be allowed to give horses to young players.. I end up gating them to a stables, giving them gold to buy one :(

thestand

Grandmaster
I could be wrong but ...I believe they made it this way to keep young players from falling for a scam involving people using a regular horse mount and tricking noob players into believing they are buying a ethereal mount because they look similar in the trade window.

thestand

Grandmaster
Young players have 150k gold to be scammed out of?
My memory is bad but this might of been during a time when 1k donation was around 90k.
Either way the scammer is probably selling for a lot cheaper than whatever the going rate is... got to bait the hook right?

Amalgam

Journeyman
I vote yes to allowing horses to be transferred to young status.

Until now I would have thought being scammed as a newbie was an essential part of the learning curve...

thestand

Grandmaster
Until now I would have thought being scammed as a newbie was an essential part of the learning curve...
You're right. It seems to get a little tougher to justify though(from a business perspective?) if it's an item that someone paid real life money for.

I'm probably wrong about everything though and there is some other reason why they don't want young players getting a horse...

I'd be interested to know how many ethy mounts have been purchased since the server start then convert that number to $.

Bromista

Grandmaster
If that was truly the reason they could have allowed the xfer when they made the change to ethies highlighting green in the trade window.