Aim for a more powerful fisher/t-hunter and put lock picking/cartography on other toon?

Henrik

Master
I'm working on a t-hunter and have so far the following:

Fishing - 100
Provo - 100
Music - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100

I was thinking about GM Lock picking and Cartography but now I'm wondering if it may be better to aim for Archery/Tactics and pick up a new toon instead with Lock picking and Cartography? The reason is that this will make it easier to kill the high lvl monsters out in the sea and by doing this I can use this toon for dungeon hunting as well (hate to not have a melee skill when hunting in dungeons). The plan in this case is to collect the chests/t-maps from the MiBs and give it to the other toon who will take care of them.

Should I go for this or stay with the original plan, i.e. get Lock picking and Cartography on this toon instead?

Luxvero

Journeyman
well, without going into templates, it seems to me your predicament boils down to wether you are going to fish while dual clienting on the continent.

because either way you are going to dual client when tmapping, so fishing would be a waste skill there, but not so much.

While LP/carto might screw up a lone fisherman, but perhaps not if its only to fish bottles. Thus giving you both the bottle fisher and chest digger on a single char slot, if thats what is bugging you.

just one note on land mob farming, no space left for fishing skill on that.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Here's the template of one of my chars :

Fishing
Archery
Tactics
Anat
Hiding
Carto
LP

I use my tamer (you could simply use a bard, archer or mage) on another client.

While fishing, I hide my fisher (above char) and when monster spawn, I have enough time to just drag bars, provo, target them with pets (in the case of a tamer, you can do with whatever bard you have). Then I go on my archer/fisher client, I start targeting eles with ele ban bow.

When I do tmaps, I pre-cast invis on my tamer and when chest pops, I invis the t-hunter (above char), drag bars, provo, etc.

You really want hiding on that type of character. No need for provo as you can bring anothe bard.

As for the other skills... magery is better for overall, it brings more utility, but it's pointless with a tamer (no need to summon something to aggro) and archery brings a lot more dmg.

cheers.

Don Key

Master
It's a shame they allow multi-clienting. Used to be you would pick one or the other and then, you know, group up and play together. This is an MMO afterall.

Luxvero

Journeyman
It's a shame they allow multi-clienting. Used to be you would pick one or the other and then, you know, group up and play together. This is an MMO afterall.
wow there's a whole discussion to be spawn from that.
It is kind fucked that you solo almost anything except champ spawns and RDAs, i guess these two things are what currently still holds this this under the description of multiplayer hehehehe

PS:

V8xomzY.jpg

Messremb

Grandmaster
Here's the template of one of my chars :

Fishing
Archery
Tactics
Anat
Hiding
Carto
LP

I use my tamer (you could simply use a bard, archer or mage) on another client.

While fishing, I hide my fisher (above char) and when monster spawn, I have enough time to just drag bars, provo, target them with pets (in the case of a tamer, you can do with whatever bard you have). Then I go on my archer/fisher client, I start targeting eles with ele ban bow.

When I do tmaps, I pre-cast invis on my tamer and when chest pops, I invis the t-hunter (above char), drag bars, provo, etc.

You really want hiding on that type of character. No need for provo as you can bring anothe bard.

As for the other skills... magery is better for overall, it brings more utility, but it's pointless with a tamer (no need to summon something to aggro) and archery brings a lot more dmg.

cheers.
I disagree, I solo up to level 4 maps with my Fisher thanks to Provo. Also I find tamers to be both risky and not worth the effort at sea (leviathan being the exception) but I say risky as a pirate can take them captive, and not worth the effort as one good archer can kill the mobs faster.

As to the above template I recommend Carto and lp on that build because if you plan to try solo fishing the deep water elemental will rip any build without MR apart. Your only hope then then is to keep it off you with Provo and ev's. So archery isn't really going to help.

I highly recommend an alt Fisher with

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Magery
magic resist
Fishing

That way if the deep water elemental tears through the water, and an ev, this build can hold it's own with a little cross healing.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I disagree, I solo up to level 4 maps with my Fisher thanks to Provo. Also I find tamers to be both risky and not worth the effort at sea (leviathan being the exception) but I say risky as a pirate can take them captive, and not worth the effort as one good archer can kill the mobs faster.

As to the above template I recommend Carto and lp on that build because if you plan to try solo fishing the deep water elemental will rip any build without MR apart. Your only hope then then is to keep it off you with Provo and ev's. So archery isn't really going to help.

I highly recommend an alt Fisher with

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Magery
magic resist
Fishing

That way if the deep water elemental tears through the water, and an ev, this build can hold it's own with a little cross healing.

So you play with 2 fishers instead of fisher tamer?

The risk isn't so big. First of all, never met a pirate, and I understand why... The time it would take to actually find an active fisherman is insane. Also, I fish with a beetle and a shitty ww. I don't care losing either. But the beetle let's me fish 3-4 chests before I back, and the WW tanks the deep ele if the other dies too fast.

The fisher has an ele ban bow with insane dmg, making it very efficient.

Messremb

Grandmaster
So you play with 2 fishers instead of fisher tamer?

The risk isn't so big. First of all, never met a pirate, and I understand why... The time it would take to actually find an active fisherman is insane. Also, I fish with a beetle and a shitty ww. I don't care losing either. But the beetle let's me fish 3-4 chests before I back, and the WW tanks the deep ele if the other dies too fast.

The fisher has an ele ban bow with insane dmg, making it very efficient.
Yes 2 Fishers, a remnant of when I fished my own mibs.

Just one more thing I don't like about tamers on boats is the space pets take up. but I use a small boat and am very particular about where everything goes, and where I stand.

I have a beetle on for my treasure/Fisher but I don't need it. I have unload chest right next to my gate to my house. I pull 7-9 chests sorting as I go (organizer agents) and them drop them in my chests at my house.

And it only takes one run in with pirates to change your mind on pets at sea.