Again a few questions....

Enslaved

Novice
Hi there,

- does 100 Str gives an extra bonus to damage? if yes, how much?

- how about swing timers... i've read that every 30 stamina i swing my weapon faster.. 30, 60, 90... so no need for 100 dex?

- and what about bandages.. what dex range lowers the bandage timer?

- What about hit chance and defence chance? I feel like every time a monster or player has low health, i miss much more than before on the same target.
i remember that this happens back in the old times too so nothing new. But is the hit chance DEcreased when ppl/monsters are on low health or what is that?

I know only high weapon skill increases your hitchance... or is there any other way to do?

sorry for the questions but i wanna make sure how it works here. i've read a few posts and read on stratics/uoguide but im not sure
if those rules apply here. Better check out the community here ;)

cya

100STR?
Not as far as I know.

100DEX?
If you chug a Greater Agility potion, you can reach 120 DEX, the 4th swing speed breakpoint.

Bandages?
I haven't noticed much of a difference in healing timers, if any, but didn't test extensively and all my "Healing" toons have the same DEX, so I'm not sure.

Hit chance?
Well, that's UO... Your guess is as good as mine, but yeah, red-lined targets seem to get very lucky, at times.
As far as I know, only Archers can get better hit chance, via Accuracy modifiers (Supremely Accurate being +25), since for them, it raises Archery skill, as opposed to raising Tactics skill on melee weapons.

I hope this helps.

Enslaved

Novice
Panik Homerché said:
100STR?
Not as far as I know.

100DEX?
If you chug a Greater Agility potion, you can reach 120 DEX, the 4th swing speed breakpoint.

Bandages?
I haven't noticed much of a difference in healing timers, if any, but didn't test extensively and all my "Healing" toons have the same DEX, so I'm not sure.

Hit chance?
Well, that's UO... Your guess is as good as mine, but yeah, red-lined targets seem to get very lucky, at times.
As far as I know, only Archers can get better hit chance, via Accuracy modifiers (Supremely Accurate being +25), since for them, it raises Archery skill, as opposed to raising Tactics skill on melee weapons.

I hope this helps.

uostratics says that strenght plays a role when it comes to damage calculation

""For strength of 100 or more, there is a bonus included in combat damage calculations.""
-> Link: http://www.uoguide.com/Strength_(statistic)

Strength Damage Bonus (Percentage)
For Strength < 100
Strength * 0.3
For Strength >= 100
(Strength * 0.3) + 5
100 Strength is 30% bonus. 125 Strength is 42.5% bonus 150 Strength is 50% bonus.

-> http://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Calculations

i would like to know if this rule applies on UOF too ;)

but thx for your answer Panik

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, since whenever people ask what stats they should run with, no one ever mentions going for 100 STR to get a damage bonus, but I'm not 100% sure, so you're right to keep looking for a better answer.

Enslaved

Novice
Panik Homerché said:
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, since whenever people ask what stats they should run with, no one ever mentions going for 100 STR to get a damage bonus, but I'm not 100% sure, so you're right to keep looking for a better answer.

hmm yes, you're right.... i tried it out in the meantime and im almost sure that im doing more dmg.. maybe just an illusion ;)

would be nice if i / we can get more infos here from other players... so

/push

hollywood

Journeyman
sorry i dont have the exact ratio due to the possibility of the variation from server to server. In my experience yes STR does have a dmg % added to melee dmg. The actual amount on this server though I cannot honestly answer. The difference between 90 and 100 str should be relatively minimal though.