A very shitty Christmas Spirit

greebo

Apprentice
Okay, so after days of working on my Thunter. I try my first level 2 map.

Spawns a god damn gargoyle xmas spirit. Along with every other thing that COULD possibly cast. FOR A LEVEL 2 CHEST?

Okay so the paragon gets me, I die.

I get ressed, get regs, come back...

And I get a god damn "remains of Greebo" bug where IT WONT LET ME LOOT MY CORPSE! So I get to run around (I didnt have ALL my regs, I Was one short or i would have tried to summon things). DECAY!!! my corpse with all my shit. Gone.

I am a returning vet so my skills may not be up to snuff. But this crap on a level 2 chest?? AND CORPSE DECAY??

If this is 'treasure hunting' then fuck this, im out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanashi

Grandmaster
This should be posted in rants/flames.... Lol

Only way I ever solo Tmaps are with two characters, thunter and tamer combo.

All I can say is, stop dieing and welcome to the world of ultima!

Either you learn that lesson and get provocation or find a friend/guildie to help with lol lvl 2 maps.....

halygon

Grandmaster
Okay, so after days of working on my Thunter. I try my first level 2 map.

Spawns a god damn gargoyle xmas spirit. Along with every other thing that COULD possibly cast. FOR A LEVEL 2 CHEST?

Okay so the paragon gets me, I die.

I get ressed, get regs, come back...

And I get a god damn "remains of Greebo" bug where IT WONT LET ME LOOT MY CORPSE! So I get to run around (I didnt have ALL my regs, I Was one short or i would have tried to summon things). DECAY!!! my corpse with all my shit. Gone.

I am a returning vet so my skills may not be up to snuff. But this crap on a level 2 chest?? AND CORPSE DECAY??

If this is how we are 'fixing' the game these days, then fuck this, im out.
Yeah man, there are more paragons now. You should be happy though, not cause you died, but paragons have better loot.

I do T-Maps all the time as they are a favorite of UO for me. Prior to Paragons, I could solo a Level 1, 2, 3 map within just a couple of minutes. It would take longer to sort through the crap loot than to actually run the map itself.

Now we get paragons, in your case since this is Christmas season, a Christmas spirit. You get increase chance of paragon chest, plus christmas rares. Good stuff.

It sounds as though you may need to modify your tmap template a bit, but if you need any help, feel free to post here to receive assistance or PM me directly and I will help you get going with some advise. You need to keep in mind that UOF is similar to old OSI, but it is not the same, so the subtle differences can get ya some times.

greebo

Apprentice
To be fair, it was the first one I had ever been on solo - I am usually the backup guy that KILLS everything.

Guess I didnt take into account how much of a gimp losing wrestle/resist made me... and that im gonna need to hotkey cure/heal pots.

greebo

Apprentice
I could have used the paragon to literally slay everything else, and invis/hide combo to get my goods and spawn new things for it to kill.

Then hopefully it wont dispell the deamons.

I assume you have provoke then. What I do is spam Evs from just off screen when only one creature is left. Thy may dispel a few but will eventually get him.

greebo

Apprentice
I am going to presume that not being able to loot my corpse was NOT intended? If so then I need to report this bug.

Were u just trying to click the body or did u use the alt shift or whatever it is that brings up the name above it and u can click that.

greebo

Apprentice
I was doing allnames (as my corpse was behind a tree when I died), the name kept moving. I couldnt see where my remains were at all, it just showed a name which kept on moving each new time i pressed the hotkey to find it.

Also, now I find that I cannot pick a lvl 2 chest?? My lp level shows that I should be able to do this 100% of the time according to http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map.

So how am I to get my Lp to GM when I cannot raise my skill off a lvl 60 tinker chest, but cannot pick a GM chest. And CANNOT pick even a level 2 even though the sites say I should be able to 100% of the time?

halygon

Grandmaster
I was doing allnames (as my corpse was behind a tree when I died), the name kept moving. I couldnt see where my remains were at all, it just showed a name which kept on moving each new time i pressed the hotkey to find it.

Also, now I find that I cannot pick a lvl 2 chest?? My lp level shows that I should be able to do this 100% of the time according to http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map.

So how am I to get my Lp to GM when I cannot raise my skill off a lvl 60 tinker chest, but cannot pick a GM chest. And CANNOT pick even a level 2 even though the sites say I should be able to 100% of the time?
I believe you pick a 75skill tinker locked box till you can pick a GM tinker locked box.

greebo

Apprentice
Aye ill gladly take some instruction on where to go after 95.

I met a cool tinker in brit, sold me a 75 chest.

He even went and picked my chest that I ALMOST LOST because of the stupid shard. If they gonna bend it so the skills dont work like they should, I think it should be stated and easy to find. Clueless people like me end up putting all that in, and then learn that the 'proper' information services are all wrong... not fun.

So with 50 carto I could find a lvl 2 chest... but have ZERO chance of picking it, even with 75 lp skill. Even though Tmap guides say I should have a 100% chance on lvl 2 chest!

ANYWAYS, finally getting gains with lp so none of that will matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's ur template I can maybe make suggestions. Also this is its own shard so some things are different. You only need to take cart to 70 to do any map.

greebo

Apprentice
What's ur template I can maybe make suggestions. Also this is its own shard so some things are different. You only need to take cart to 70 to do any map.

Carto 70
Hide 80
lp 100
mage 100
med 90
mus 100
prov 100
ev al 60

And as numbers are still changing, my lp is only 86ish (still working lp have gm box workin now), hide 60 some (rising), and my poor magic resist its hard to watch drop no matter what its at:)

Funny part is I was able to solo a lvl 2 with this EASY (i got the tinker who made my chest to come lockpick it since my skill wasnt high enough), but then, i didnt have the "Christmas Spirit" trying to do the noob sodomy special.