A note of Thanks

Chatelaine

Journeyman
I must make note that this is my first UO server to ever play on. Had no idea what I was getting myself into when I was recruited to play with some really good friends of mine. I was a bit nervous with the pvp aspect of the game, but figured what the hell lets try this. After being run over by reds every damn time i turned around, I almost quit. The reds can be so frustrating and irritating that its almost not worth playing when you are trying to play to have fun. It becomes too much at times.

But you have people like Carsomyr, Kikki and a few others I have had the privilege of meeting, who make this game enjoyable. Their willingness to go above and beyond to help someone who is just at wits end is just amazing. So I guess this is my way of saying thank you to those of you who realize sometimes someone just needs a helping hand and a kind word or kind act to turn their day/game around. Thank you for being the one that sits back and realize that others are playing to have fun to and sometimes enough is enough.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Indeed. It's very difficult for a lot of us that have played the game so long, and know the ins and outs so well just how overwhelming a lot of aspects can be. Especially how desensitized we are.
Definately good to have people around that provide such a positive experience.
I'd add the guy above me to that too, he's done a LOT for this server, both through player relations and guides.

Chatelaine

Journeyman
Indeed. It's very difficult for a lot of us that have played the game so long, and know the ins and outs so well just how overwhelming a lot of aspects can be. Especially how desensitized we are.
Definately good to have people around that provide such a positive experience.
I'd add the guy above me to that too, he's done a LOT for this server, both through player relations and guides.

I haven't had the opportunity to meet Dwyane or the privilege of playing with him yet, though I have heard many many good things about him.

Awsome post! The thing about UO is it isnt just a game, it truly is a virtual world. It isnt about the dragons you tame, the monsters you kill or getting your blacksmithing to 120. It isnt about pking, your 10 million bank account, ice white sandles or custom 18x18. No it is not about any of those things. Itz about the journey, complete randomness, and the good and bad people we meet in Sosaria.

Kiki

Grandmaster
:) Thanks for the shout out Elaine. I echo what others have said as well, that there are a good group of people here that haven't been mentioned but deserve to be, and even those that appear to be the vilest have given back quietly and in their own way.

The best part of UO is that you can be whatever or whoever you choose to be, and it has no bearing on what or who you are in real life. That, and you can switch in a heartbeat and after killing 30 people, you can walk up to a new guy at the bank and give him what you've taken from others.

@Chatelaine, you're a good person yourself, so just pay it forward and the server flourishes. :)

Alchemist

Novice
Awsome post! The thing about UO is it isnt just a game, it truly is a virtual world. It isnt about the dragons you tame, the monsters you kill or getting your blacksmithing to 120. It isnt about pking, your 10 million bank account, ice white sandles or custom 18x18. No it is not about any of those things. Itz about the journey, complete randomness, and the good and bad people we meet in Sosaria.

No its definitely about fancy colors and fun kills....

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Let's face it. UO is old. The game, at times, is boring. Graphics are lame (however I like them). The thing that often keeps people playing for so long is the social interactions which are different for everyone. For some, they like pissing people off and enjoy the flaming. For others, it's making friends. I love the fact that Trin has people from all over the world and I can now say I have friends in the UK, Finland, Switzerland, etc. I have been RL friends with many of Trin/BW members for years, actually meeting some for the first time in UO.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I must make note that this is my first UO server to ever play on. Had no idea what I was getting myself into when I was recruited to play with some really good friends of mine. I was a bit nervous with the pvp aspect of the game, but figured what the hell lets try this. After being run over by reds every damn time i turned around, I almost quit. The reds can be so frustrating and irritating that its almost not worth playing when you are trying to play to have fun. It becomes too much at times.

But you have people like Carsomyr, Kikki and a few others I have had the privilege of meeting, who make this game enjoyable. Their willingness to go above and beyond to help someone who is just at wits end is just amazing. So I guess this is my way of saying thank you to those of you who realize sometimes someone just needs a helping hand and a kind word or kind act to turn their day/game around. Thank you for being the one that sits back and realize that others are playing to have fun to and sometimes enough is enough.

Beautiful post and so nice to see someone being positive and people responding in kind.So Often we are distracted by all the mean and vile postings. But there are a few beautiful diamonds that do shine on the server. Some do it without making a big scene and just help people out there and there ,others go out of their way to teach marcos or go mark runes for noobs. but whatever way they choose to give to help the Community in a positive way that is great and all that matters. it makes you forget about the people that come up and randon shit talk others.
+1 and I hope you do well on the server.