a new way to possibly purchace items you are seeking

Pandone

Grandmaster
no no.. say you are seeking to purchase blaze sandals, but you cant find them anywhere, this new vendor would be backward so to speak to the way regular vendors work, so if another player whom might own some blaze sandies is out shopping and sees this new type of vendor it would be labeled something like "buying blaze sandies 20mil" or whatever you are seeking, owner of blaze sandies can come put them into the bag of new vendor and 20mil is transferred from your account to his, now when you log on you have blaze sandies waiting for you and any other players can see that "oh there are already sandals there so the transaction was already completed". Make more sense?
isn't like a mailbox ?

Cheapsuit

Master
It's a brilliant idea but I don't like it for the simple fact that people would be less likely to explore the lands. Some of the best moments and murders are of those exploring :)

Keno W.

Expert
With what I was thinking it would be just like the vendors that already exist but work backward allowing players to sell you something without you being present- I probably should have just said that in the first place hehe

Grizard

Adept
I think the best system, which I bet would require considerable coding would be where maybe where you can load up a popup GUMP that searches through all vendors based on the description you type in. Then maybe have it to where it shows the Item, # of items stacked on a vendor, price, and then has a teleport button to take you to that vendor that possibly consumes a recall scroll or regs like a rune book.

I would imagine it would just be a set of mixing in some databases. The vendor location should be stored in a table, the contents of the vendor (Item, Price etc) and then you could teleport to the vendor or house that they are attached to and purchase the item.

This way you could get extra sales if they like other items on your vendor...