A joker's Guide to death gating

Cack

Grandmaster
***Disclaimer****These people will not be happy with you. Any and all action on your part regarding death gating will almost certainly result in swift revenge. The author of this article and his subsidiaries are in no way is responsible for any deaths, lost gear, feels etc. If you feel you're case needs review please send your complaint to [email protected].

So you want to become a professional death gater? With some persistence and a complete lack of empathy for others you too can be apart of the awesome world of death gating!

tYnsIy.jpg

You will need a few things to get started.
magery high enough to comfortably cast mark
runes/runebook
regs
a mark(eventually)

To get started pick an appropriate place for your death gate spot. There should be lots of mobs or a few powerful mobs. Ideally there shouldn't be to much area for your mark to escape.

9olCfm.jpg

Now that you have found your death gate spot, you can go about marking your tile. There are a couple ways to go about this.
1. Clearing the area of mobs including leading off your mobs to a location they cannot easily return from
2. Killing the mobs as they are. time consuming but doable.
3. Precasting paralyze field as you enter the death gate area and paralyzing your mobs while you mark your spot.
4. (My personal favorite)The all balls-praise allah-complete disregard for your safey-precasting mark runnning in and targetting your rune , then dropping it in your book as you die horribly method.

Good Job! You have your location marked and ready to go(assuming your mobs have returned or respawned). You will want to make a dispel field macro(simply cast dispel field and target a gate. then edit the target to convert to type). Now it is time to go fishing. Fishing is a death gater's term for getting someone to go through your gate in other words taking the bait.
Things you will need
regs/your runebook
the ability to cast gate travel
your mark

3DRygN.jpg

You will need to find a heavily populated area to start casting gates. The more people there are the greater chance you have of a mark taking your bait. The bank is a great area for this as you can pose as a vendor. But there are other ways to disguise your gate.
1. Imposter gate- Posing as a vendor-all you need to do is act like you're a vendor and you're gating to a pretend shop. Spamming examples can be xxxxx vendor house, rares/regs/power scrolls, etc. Whatever you think will get someone in your gate. When someone takes the bait(it takes a while to pinpoint when they are going to come over and go through your gate) you will need to get ready to hit your dispel field key. Once they go through(disappear) hit your hotkey.
Things to remember about this:
They may have just used the skill hiding.
They may get back through before you can dispel.
Other people may dispel your gate as well.
2. Parasitic Gate-Cast your gate while on the same tile as a real vendor.
3. Random gate-Just leave your gate after you have casted it but stay close enough so you can dispel. People are naturally curious about the unknown and many will go through any random gate they see

Awesome! A mark has entered your gate and you have dispelled it successfully. In all likelyhood they are dead. You have successfully death gated someone. But wait, there is one last thing you must do. You must confirm the kill.

After you have successfully fished a mark through your gate it is time to check if they actually died. So you must return to you death gate spot to verify they have been killed(if you have an alternate safe recall spot that is fine. Also just hiding and gating to your death gate spot works too. If you gate back, this allows the ghost of the mark to come back and rez instead of running through a dungeon for ten minutes.

A video guide is here(http://uomovies.com/view.pl?_Search=cack&_submit=Find) if you have a client low enough to play it. It's the 275kb one.

(I still have a couple pics to add and editing to do but i wanted to get it posted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the people who need a gate are noobs. Why do shitty people who like to screw others for no reason exist on this planet.

Dellan

Grandmaster
This is great guide. I like creativity and mischief of all sorts, including death gating.
It's not just for noobs. Heck, one time I kept casting gates at Brit advertising free gray screen for everyone, and even then someone ran in twice.
I got a couple of deathgates in my books, best way to mark them is from stealth and hoping you manage to hide before mobs spot you, which is actually not that hard, more luck based.
Just ugh, GIMME BACK MY RAT FORT PEN! That place was instant death for everyone. Now it looks like blue oyster with them half naked guys hugging each other...

Lazenby

Adept
Who cares if you confirm the kill? Just drop them through the gate, dispel, and go on with your business. If you are lucky, they will track you down at a later time at great effort so you can drink up all that rage. My personal favorite spot is the spot in Fire where the 2 Balron's,,,I mean Hyloth Ancient Shadow Wyrm room is just too mean.

Cack

Grandmaster
My personal favorite was the castle area near the werewolves. Drag a few werewolves in there, couple ancient bird rhings and a skeletal dragon. Boom death. Thats a great spot.