70k for Large Secluded House

Shah

Neophyte
I bought my first house last week, its too small so I'm looking for something bigger but budget isn't huge at the moment.

If you have a large house which you don't use, maybe because it's in the middle of nowhere, I'd be interested in viewing/buying today. Any large house, anywhere would be seriously considered. Just want to feel like I'm going home and not stepping into a closet. Thanks in advance.

poogoblin

Master
With your budget your best bet is to buy a small house deed from another player, at a reduced rate, and place a second small with another account.

Even a modest custom spot placed yourself is going to run you at least double that budget. You may be able to get lucky and find a cabin deed for 75-100k on a player vendor but I wouldn't count on it.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I bought my first house last week, its too small so I'm looking for something bigger but budget isn't huge at the moment.

If you have a large house which you don't use, maybe because it's in the middle of nowhere, I'd be interested in viewing/buying today. Any large house, anywhere would be seriously considered. Just want to feel like I'm going home and not stepping into a closet. Thanks in advance.

Yeah you aren't going to find any large house for 70K (unless someone is just being charitable). The cost of the plot alone will be more than that so someone would just be taking a loss. There are plenty of medium size spots that can be placed (for a log cabin or equivalent size), especially in secluded areas. I might suggest just taking a house placement tool and running around to places you think would be nice and trying to place yourself.

Shah

Neophyte
Would you be OK in a small stone tower? Or are you looking for something more specific?

That's a possibility but I'm not too familiar with the size of a small tower.. I have the smallest possible house you can place at the moment.. it feels quite claustrophobic in there.. is a small tower a bit bigger than that?

Shah

Neophyte
Yeah you aren't going to find any large house for 70K (unless someone is just being charitable). The cost of the plot alone will be more than that so someone would just be taking a loss. There are plenty of medium size spots that can be placed (for a log cabin or equivalent size), especially in secluded areas. I might suggest just taking a house placement tool and running around to places you think would be nice and trying to place yourself.

Ok thanks for the info, I'll give that a try too. Actually I did try placing a house just a few hours ago but it said I can't place because I already have one placed (which I placed last week).. I guess that means I'd have to get rid of my other house before I could place a new one?

Lucial

Adept
A small tower is 8x7 I believe, its not much bigger but it is 2 story plus the roof. Here is a site that list the info the regular houses that you could get. (not customs though) http://www.uoguide.com/Houses. And, yeah, you can only have one house per account. You would either have to demo it and get the deed back, sell it to someone or transfer it to an alt on another account.

Shah

Neophyte
With your budget your best bet is to buy a small house deed from another player, at a reduced rate, and place a second small with another account.

Even a modest custom spot placed yourself is going to run you at least double that budget. You may be able to get lucky and find a cabin deed for 75-100k on a player vendor but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for the info and tips, it's useful to know how things work around here. I placed a small house last week and it's so small that when I go inside I feel like I'm in a prison cell or something. I mean compared to my friends houses it's really small lol.. I guess I might have to wait until I could afford a bigger place. It's just I can't play that much at the moment due to work (only a few hours on the weekdays) so it takes quite a bit of time to make any money. Took me about 22 days from (re)starting the game to being able to afford a house so it seems like quite a while.

Shah

Neophyte
A small tower is 8x7 I believe, its not much bigger but it is 2 story plus the roof. Here is a site that list the info the regular houses that you could get. (not customs though) http://www.uoguide.com/Houses. And, yeah, you can only have one house per account. You would either have to demo it and get the deed back, sell it to someone or transfer it to an alt on another account.

Thanks for the info, that actually looks quite a bit bigger than my place - i think each floor is around the same size as my small house by it's basically 3 floors with the roof?

Any chance I could view it?

Lucial

Adept
2 floors plus the roof, but its about as big as you can get without going over 100k. I'll send you a PM as well.