5th Year Anniversary Celebration!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Happy 5 Years UOF - I've only been here for just under a year now, and wish I'd found this place sooner, because it's provided countless hours of entertainment, and fun, allowing me to re-live some of that glory youth we've all got locked up in our memories.. It's amazing any game, can survive for 20 years, especially one that fragmented into hundreds of shards, praise Mondain, and his ultimate wisdom in trapping Sosaria within the Gem so long ago, so it could be destroyed and give us the worlds we've had today!

I'd like to thank @Shane and the Staff here at UO Forever, for the countless hours of time and dedication they've put into a free shard, for many of them while it's a hobby, it's also a second job, and they don't get enough praise for that. Just like Mondain didn't.. I'd also like to thank the community - you, we are what make this game what it is, and the reason why so many MMO's since UO have never been able to hold a candle.

So as a 5 year celebration, I'd love for everyone to consider, just for a minute all the things you enjoy from the shard, the memories, the people, however you want to approach it, and pick one. Share one memory, one thing that you've found the most fun, entertaining, interesting, dynamic, creative, whatever the reason, just pick one and share it with us.

For myself - it'll always be the people, it's the reason I play any game, and UO Forever has not let me down. I found a home in the guild TRIN, and have made some true friends.. They took in a lost old wizard when starting out, helped me re-learn the game, dabble in RP, play many different aspects of the game from naval combat, to champs & harrowers, and have held true to themselves through thick and thin to be one of the longest standing guilds on the shard. Thank you @Skye Wolfbane for being there for me through my entire adventure here on UOF.

A close second is really the meta mage path - making a mage feel like a powerful, useful tool when fighting monsters, has really bonded me to the class all over again! (I know I said pick one, but it felt like an advertisement above!!!)

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Thank you, Avalon. We're a better guild for having you in it.

Wow..so many memories. One???

One that sticks out, only because it was so weird and a once in a "lifetime" happened in the early days of the shard. We were holding a guild meeting in the Town Hall. We were fairly small then but growing quickly. I invited Shane to the meeting as it was our first in the Town Hall. Most, if not all of the staff FLEW into the area on a galleon. Yes, FLEW. The ship was above us. And soon we were all on the ship. They were showing us what sailing on UOF was soon to be like with the new galleons. I don't remember who was at the helm, maybe Shane. But we all flew all over the map, above the world of Sosaria and then to WBB where people yelled and waved, we picked up more people along the way. It was so fun and special and something I can truly say I have never done in UO, which is a hard thing to find.

Thank you @Staff for all the memories, for supporting Trin and listening to my rants on occasion. Thank you to all members, current and past, who have made Trin a true home for me and have provided years of friendship.

Happy Anniversary UOF!

I met my wife on here almost 4 years ago. She was provoking a paragon earth elemental on to a regular earth elemental in Shame. When i seen the paragon with higher health i started shooting it with a bow to raise my archery. Told her i didn't want the loot, just the skill gain. Once it died i ran off, but she found, and gave me the paragon chest that was on it. After that we met up every day to play, and over time moved in with each other in RL, got married, and now have a 9 month old son. Definitely some fond memories made because the server was here! @Rachel

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
I met my wife on here over 3 years ago. She was provoking a paragon earth elemental on to a regular earth elemental in Shame. When i seen the paragon with higher health i started shooting it with a bow to raise my archery. Told her i didn't want the loot, just the skill gain. Once it died i ran off, but she came back and gave me the paragon chest that was on it. After that we met up every day to play, and over time moved in with each other in RL, got married, and now have a 9 month old son. Definitely some fond memories made because the server was here! @Rachel

thumbs up

Torrun

Expert
While we aren't playing anymore, I play sporadically, mine is burning witches at the stake in SoK and the RP fights that ensued. The RP both in game and on discord with @Sir. , Taly and their guild reminded me why I still love the game and is why I still play when I can.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I met my wife on here almost 4 years ago. She was provoking a paragon earth elemental on to a regular earth elemental in Shame. When i seen the paragon with higher health i started shooting it with a bow to raise my archery. Told her i didn't want the loot, just the skill gain. Once it died i ran off, but she found, and gave me the paragon chest that was on it. After that we met up every day to play, and over time moved in with each other in RL, got married, and now have a 9 month old son. Definitely some fond memories made because the server was here! @Rachel

510.gif

Swayze

Grandmaster

This. Is. Awesome.