50 MiB's

wkstrm

Master
A little bit over a year ago I created this thread: 50 level 1 treasure maps which recieved a lot of nice input from the community. We managed to break down and cover all from level 1 to level 5 treasure maps and got some nice statistics concering those maps. Then some people also wanted to know about the MiBs.

Sorry for taking so long, but something came up!

would be cool if 2-3ppl would do 50sets of mibs

gm fishing and a provo mage or archer char youll be good to go, spawns water ele and deep water ele. I would like to see this as well

I would like mib as well but there are alot of variables. Are all mibs sorted and close together or purely random.

Will pirate encounters and or pk's be part of the breakdown?

Bent rods or normal fishing poles?

So, here's how I did it!

Over the past year I've collected about 250 MiB's, they've just gathered dust in my houses. @Yoar helped me map them out, then I just grabbed a boat, a fishing pole and set sail.

My setup is as following:
1 provo-dexxer with a vanq weapon (I don't have any cool slayer weapons)
1 archer with a elemental ban bow
1 fisherman/lockpicker/cartograhper

So, sail to the first location, fish up the chest, attack the deep water elemental, provo the water elemental onto the deep water elemental and then let the archer join in on the deep water elemental. The deep water elemental would rather quickly kill the water elemental, but it would also exhaust most of it's mana pool in doing so making my dexxer less vulnerable for it's dumps. The archer will also have to cross heal the dexxer. And occasionally I the dexxer would die because I was sloppy. It's all good and fun.

PS: I don't have a tamer! I know this would be so much easier with a tamer.

Then I looted the elementals and gated the chest back to my house.
Then sail to the next location.
Since I had like 250 MiB's I had some pretty good concentrations of MiB's so I don't need to sail all around the world to get them.

Ok, let's get down to the numbers then!

First of all, I have not saved any of the "pre-loot" except for a few pieces for decoration for my house. Those are not accounted for in this essay.

I looted both elementals that spawned, that would equal about 1200-1800 gp on top of each MiB, since they will appear on your boat you will have to deal with them one way or another. Ok, so, some numbers then:

Gold from the chest and the elementals: 309660

I found 475 gems for a total value of 22496

I also found 416 weapons and 458 pieces of armour, of which I sold 95% to NPC vendors because I did not expect these items to be easily sellable on a vendor. This gave me an additional 253620 gps.

I picked up a total of 24836 regs, where black pearls was the most, 4018 (since each elemental drops some). Mandrake: 2826
Bloodmoss: 3450
Sulforish Ash: 2866
Ginseng: 2934
Garlic: 2440
Nightshade: 2515
Spiders Silk: 3787

Also, there was of course 50 special fishing nets (no colored).
I also found 7 wands, of which 4 was usefull (ID wands).

I mentioned above that I found 416 magical weapons, 54 of those were power, unfortnutaly only 2 of those was any good, so I only kept 2 for my dexxer. I also found 5 vanq's which I suspect dropped from the deep water elementals. 26 was slayer weapons, none of those was very usefull. A cleaver of Balron damnation as an example.

Regarding the armour, 458 pieces of armour, 81 of those were invul (many of those were shields) but I actually kept 17 pieces.

So, the grand total of this then: 585776 and it took me about 10-12 hours to fish them up, ID and sell.
This means that one MiB more or less yields 11715 gold coins and takes about 4½ minute to complete.
So an average income of 53252 gp per hour I guess.

Additional loot not included in the above!

1 deep water elemental droped a cleverly t-map.

I also managed to fish up 10 sea serpents/deep sea serpents which gave me 5 level 1 t-maps and 5 new MiB's while trying to get the chest.

wkstrm

Master
Great work but the gph is kinda meh for 2018

True, but I think that is more a question of how you do it rather than anything else. If you use one of the "newer" clients for Ultima Online there are certain chain of events that will let you do things more quickliy. Hell, I'd even say that it plays the game for you, but that would be bashing half of the player population I think. ;)

Jokes aside, I think using a tamer for fighting the elementals and then sailing as soon as you fished up the chest, not gating each chest to your house for safety and then also having one client set up to ID and sort the loot would definatly speed up things and income of course.