50 level 1 treasure maps

Would you do it?

• Yes, 50 lvl 1 t-maps sounds like a lot of fun!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Hell no! Not worth the time!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

wkstrm

Master
So, all in all, after selling items, gems, and from creature spawn: 1,003,054

So you're a millionaire now?! :)

Good work and interesting read! I'm still struggling with my level 2's. Got 20 left now I think.
Since I don't use a tamer it takes a bit more time.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
good job on the 50 tmaps, I think they are great fun to get super baked and do tmaps, they have good loot, low risk of pk, some risk of griefing/stealing, not much competition

here's the trick of tmaps, I'll regret saying this but you should only do tmaps for whatever MOTM is so you spawn them and have chance at relics. get a tmap chest and just start saving every map for when it's time

for example expert tmaps spawn earth elementals which are MOTM now

my treasure hunter is my most played char, sometimes I just cruise through dungeons stealth picking treasure chests, which have great loot if you find the high level ones are

also I'm pretty sure ANY tmap can get you Vanqs, the drop rate might just be rare, but I'm 99.9999999999% sure I've got vanqs off level 1 maps

wkstrm

Master
@girana
I just dug up the last of the 50 lvl 2's this morning. Then I had to leave for work, I have some sorting and ID'ing left to do. If I get home not to late tonight I will for sure present my findings here tonight, else I'll do it tomorrow!

I did 200 maps in two.weeks made close to 2.5 mil maybe little.more did not pick up gems but got 10 fragments. Would of made more money if I sold gems. I did 1 to 5 maps since I can not solo my 30 lvl 6 maps

That is good work there! :)

good job on the 50 tmaps, I think they are great fun to get super baked and do tmaps, they have good loot, low risk of pk, some risk of griefing/stealing, not much competition

here's the trick of tmaps, I'll regret saying this but you should only do tmaps for whatever MOTM is so you spawn them and have chance at relics. get a tmap chest and just start saving every map for when it's time

for example expert tmaps spawn earth elementals which are MOTM now

my treasure hunter is my most played char, sometimes I just cruise through dungeons stealth picking treasure chests, which have great loot if you find the high level ones are

also I'm pretty sure ANY tmap can get you Vanqs, the drop rate might just be rare, but I'm 99.9999999999% sure I've got vanqs off level 1 maps

Yup, I've had tons of earth eles spawning while doing the lvl 2's this month. Got some nice stuff form them as well. ;)
Regarding getting vanq's, while doing my 50 level 1 and 50 level 2's (so far) I've yet to recieve a vanq weapon. @Decreamos mentioned getting a vanq from the spawning mob, but not from the actual chest.

wkstrm

Master
So I finally made it. 50 level 2 chests with my kind of crappy provo-dexxer and his carthographer friend. A huge thanks to @girana for giving me the opportunity to do this as well!I kind of lost track of time spent so I have no idea really. This was pread over several days due to work, family and so on.

I was very through when looting. I left nothing! Nothing I tell you! I killed all spawn from the chests except for 1 earth elemental that got lured into a house by a fella known as Daffy Duck. And this lean mean killing machine. I did not think it was possible, but I got a spawn that was both HaLOLween and paragon at the same time. And for some reason I find orc mages in paragon or HaLOLween mode to be quite hard to deal with. Anyway, after fighting him for like 5 mins I had only got his life down to 4/5 and that was after many of my own deaths. He chewed through my carthographers summons like it was nothing and despite beating his ass with my +25 war fork of power I finally gave up.

The gold loot from the chests along with the gold from spawned mobs, a few world spawns ended up at a whooping: 226734

When it comes to armour and weapons I found most in the chests, but some spawns dropped a weapon or a pice of armour on occasion. I was very picky with what I kept.

I found 303 armour pices of which I kept 29 invul pieces and 8 “perfect hardening” pieaces. I sold all invul shields.
I found 151 weapons in total of which I kept 18 power and 5 slayers, because, slayers.
The rest I sold for the sum of 125421.

I also found 591gems that I sold for 27771 gold. Sorry @Yoar . :p
The regs I found was the following.

Mandrake Root: 2063
Blood Moss: 2038
Sulphorous Ash: 2819
Ginseng: 1716
Spider Silk: 1820
Nightshade: 2315
Garlic: 1906
Black Pearls: 1692

Along with 178 fertile dirt from the earth eles spawning.
Some bonus items I got was 5 glowing runes, 7 skill scrolls and since it’s HaLOLween I also got myself 1 purple chest and 2 purple skin paints.
Additionally I got some IDOC-loot on one of the mobs, 27 yards of BOD-cloth. 2 gargoyle pickaxes and a gargoyle statue.
There was also some masks of orcish kin, some silver instruments and 4 level 1 t-maps. And a shitload of spell scrolls, enough to fill 4 spell books.
All in all, the profit in hard cash made from these 50 level 2 chests was: 379976 shiny gold coins! Now, this time around I won't spend it on orc prositutes and booze.

EDIT: 50 level 2 chests gives ana average of 7599 gold per chest.

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
So for those keeping track:

Assumptions:
- I adjusted the minutes / map based on my findings as a provo / mage
- if you are using a tamer, you are more effective on the higher level maps
- if you have a Davies locker, you can get multiples of the same location and increase gold/hour
- minutes / map is also based on using a macro to loot your chest
- doesn't include the additional frags you may find - consider them a bonus

Level 1 maps: 3,468 / map (2.5 minutes / map) 83k / hour
Level 2 maps: 7,599 / map (5 minutes / map) 91k / hour
Level 3 maps: 13,412 / map (8.5 minutes / map) 95k / hour
Level 4 maps: 20,061 / map (12 minutes / map) 100k / hour

Last edited:

Decreamos

Grandmaster
So for those keeping track - would be great to be able to put a time stamp on these, but I'm fairly certain they net out to about the same profit per hour, just you can do more level 1's, than 2's, and so on.

Level 1 maps: 3468 / map (roughly every 2.5 minutes)
Level 2 maps: 7599 / map (roughly every 5 minutes)

stats for 3's and 4's is also in the thread

girana

Grandmaster

Assumptions:
- if you have a Davies locker, you can get multiples of the same location and increase gold/hour

also keep in mind that alot magic items were keept and not included in the gold per hour.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
also keep in mind that alot magic items were keept and not included in the gold per hour.

Definitely this - with higher level maps - vanqs at a minimum go for 8k as quest vanqs, but you can also get some really good ones, that sell for much more. Power and Slayer weapons that aren't vendor trash can go for 2-10k for middling ones, again really good slayer vanqs, can sell for much much more.

wkstrm

Master

Assumptions:

You don't need Davies locker to find out which maps are in the same spot. It just takes a bit longer. That's how I did it, made sure I always picked locations that were either the same spot or close by so I would just need to walk over. Using the sextant is pretty easy. ;)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
While that's true, it's a real pain to ID all your maps, sort them without the Davies locker, to cluster them together - especially considering they won't go back into a map cabinet once ID'd. I don't know that I'd truly consider it worth the time to do that.. with a davies, you dump em all in, and it tells you the number, so you just pull all the same number out.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

how do you make said macro on Razor? Ive always looted by hand and it makes my eyes hurt sometimes

also - what's the point of doing maps in the same area? don't you have to just leave anyway to go bank all the stuff from the first chest? I guess if you're doing level 1 maps you could carry the loot of 2 or 3 of those at once, but I have to bank stuff just from level 2 map before doing the next one

wkstrm

Master
Hmm. I keep my maps in 3 bags, one for level 1, one for level 2 and one for level 3 (well, I have one for level 4+ too, but those are for sale).
Then I just check them to see in which area and groups them by area. When it is time to dig them up, I just check to see if there are any nearby each other or if they are in the same plot. It does not take that long at all.

Davies locker seem to be formidable for scripted game-play though. ;)

wkstrm

Master
how do you make said macro on Razor? Ive always looted by hand and it makes my eyes hurt sometimes

also - what's the point of doing maps in the same area? don't you have to just leave anyway to go bank all the stuff from the first chest? I guess if you're doing level 1 maps you could carry the loot of 2 or 3 of those at once, but I have to bank stuff just from level 2 map before doing the next one

I could carry all loot from 3 level 1 maps. Most of the time I could carry all loot from 2 level 2 maps unless I would get a paragon spawn or large amounts of ringmail armour.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster

To be honest, I threw away Razor within about 24 hours of gameplay here, Steam was just so much more powerful, though I'm sure you could do something with Razor as well.. To be honest, because it's a chest, you can just use/set organizers as a quick method (I assume there are organizers in Razor as well). I like tying it to a macro, and building the organizer in a macro, because when I hit my provocation macro, it'll stop me from pulling more items, which slows down mob spawn.

Some people do treasure maps with a beetle - so you can carry a pile of loot, just bring lots of bags :)

wkstrm

Master

To be honest, I threw away Razor within about 24 hours of gameplay here, Steam was just so much more powerful, though I'm sure you could do something with Razor as well.. To be honest, because it's a chest, you can just use/set organizers as a quick method (I assume there are organizers in Razor as well). I like tying it to a macro, and building the organizer in a macro, because when I hit my provocation macro, it'll stop me from pulling more items, which slows down mob spawn.

Some people do treasure maps with a beetle - so you can carry a pile of loot, just bring lots of bags :)

As AreYouKidden said, you can use organizer agents to do the looting. But it can be tricky if you pull everything out of the chest at the "same time" so you would probably want to sequence it and use different organizers for different kinds of loot from the chest.
I think it's possible to use the restock agent if you choose what you want it to grab.

Myself, I only use an organizer agent for dropping the loot off in my house instead. I prefer to loot the chests manually so I can control the spawn rate of the mobs. If done right, it's not much of a difference between a macro/agent and a player doing stuff manually.