2022 Christmas Deco Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faytality

Staff member
i9d2Mt6.png

The holiday season is upon us! Show us your best Christmas decorating skills for a chance at some nice prizes!

Rules
  1. Deadline is January 5th, before midnight 11:59PM - Anything submitted after the deadline will not be given consideration!!!!
  2. Post only your submissions in this thread! Any post that is not a valid entry will be deleted.
  3. Include the x,y coordinates in the post. We will visit each house in person to judge. (We would appreciate not using the coordinates with degrees, please don't make us bust out a sextant to locate your home.)
  4. This is a decoration contest, please include some form of decorations. Creativity with custom housing is nice, but decorations are a must!
  5. Any entries that are a copy of previous entries, or copied from a website will not be accepted.
  6. Staff built and/or decorated houses are not eligible for the competition.
  7. If you own an upgraded island, only the house portion will be judged.
A Few Tips for Success

Have a theme/story to your entry. Example: Pirate themed, dark and gory, and other themes from pop culture. You can also choose to tell a story with the decor. Whatever tickles your fancy! Just make sure it's holiday related!

Use your space wisely! We judge based off of the ENTIRE house. not just one area. If an area seems to be lacking in sections it may hurt your score. The same is true for over doing it. It will hurt your score if it looks like a box of random holiday deco exploded all over your house. Quantity<Quality

Small details can make a big impact. Creative use of ordinary items in ways not normally used can easily impress the judges. Using deco in a transformative manner is more impressive than just simply setting out deco.

Be on time!

Good luck to all who enters! We look forward to seeing your hard work!

Rewards

1669919583406.png

1669919691145.png
*This spellbook sits in the opposite hand as ordinary spellbooks.

First place: 10k Dono , Gold Battle Santa Statue , Blessed Arachnid Doom Spellbook.
Second Place: 5k Dono , Silver Battle Santa
Third Place: 2.5K Dono , Bronze Battle Santa
All Participants: Purple Acid Christmas Box

First - Dereliction

Second - BoPeach
Third - Average Jacks

2DS1G8G.jpeg

Average Jacks

Situated on the northernmost tip of Dagger island, we are pleased to announce the grand opening of UO:Forever's very first Strip Club--The North 'Pole'!
Now that the Holiday's are over, all of Santa's naughty little helpers can come unwind with a drink and a dance... or something more, if they so desire. Doors are open at 9:00pm nightly! Come and join us. Located at 3910, 225

BoPeach

Novice
This next story is inspired by our good friend Weird Al Yankovic.
Santa's workshop is located at 2027, 1109 (just south of the swamp that is north of East Britain) and is open to the public.
It is strongly encouraged you listen to this family friendly classic Christmas carol while you stroll through:

Down in the workshop all the elves were makin' toys
For the good Gentile girls and the good Gentile boys

l1opR4q.png

EnhlB2c.png

When the boss busted in, nearly scared 'em half to death

Had a rifle in his hands and cheap whiskey on his breath
From his beard to his boots he was covered with ammo

Like a big fat drunk disgruntled Yuletide Rambo
11P7VKG.png

And he smiled as he said with a twinkle in his eye,
"Merry Christmas to all, now you're all gonna die!"

enqF87W.jpg

To get up to the next level, step onto the teleporter in the south east corner

VByfqen.png

Well, the workshop is gone now, he decided to bomb it

75eUv8T.png

Everywhere you'll find pieces of Cupid and Comet

MKpvBoO.png

And he tied up his helpers and he held the elves hostage

jaE1rZ5.png

And he ground up poor Rudolph into reindeer sausage

DYHun51.png

He got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger
And he slashed up Dasher just like Freddy Krueger

eZ7LlNF.png

And he picked up a flamethrower and he barbequed Blitzen
And he took a big bite and said, "It tastes just like chicken!"

9hwO0MP.png

What tree would be complete without a tribute to the artist of the greatest Christmas song by someone who really didn't want to write one.

crI5Prv.png

Happy Holidays to all that love them and to those that find them just kinda meh! Enjoy!

Thanks!

GIF:

Dereliction

Neophyte
Tired of all this Christmas Cheer? Me too! Can't an old man just count his gold coins and point and laugh at everyone else financial misfortune?! I mean I have Caroler's outside my building right now and they're obviously wasting their time on me! All those bright flashing holiday lights are so distracting when I'm trying to get work done in here! If you want to make me some money, direct all inquiry to my clerk out front.... His name is Bob... and while you're at it, leave me alone! Bah, Humbug!!

1dadJAf.jpg

ZQRhdHT.jpg

B4Q9gTA.jpg

Cyrennia

Neophyte
The Holidays are stressful, after working all year long Santa likes to take a long deserved break at his favorite Oasis Villa Paradise. Hidden in the dangerous Compassion Desert. Santa always pops in through his Polar Portal into his simple penthouse. There is pools, hot tubs, and star gazing at night. A BBQ for a quick snack, or one could visit the plentiful buffets. Santa loves his sweets, among other guity pleasures. All is welcome but... not everyone leaves. For Santa has a secret, his favorite thing to do is, well you will have to see for yourself as you wouldn't believe if I told you. Beware!

1872, 852 are the Coords.

Status
Not open for further replies.