WTS 18x18 Prime Real Estate!

TyraeL!

Master
The value of this particular location isn't entirely subjective as I imagine you wish it were, as to justify its price tag.

Pros -
Near the coast - a plus in my opinion.
Near a guard zone - good if you're into that.
Near the Buc's Den teleporter - okay I guess. MAYBE some forced action for PvPers.

Really it's probably just best to look at it as any other 18x18 in any other location - blockage and spawn? Minimal blockage, and no spawn, so that's decent. Houses based on nearby "landmarks" (i.e., a guard zone), don't by default jack the value up 5,000%.

Cons (general and in relativity to your asinine S/B) -
-On previous shards I've played, there was often action on that side of Vesper. This is not one of those shards.
-Vesper itself isn't a super popular town. And if it were, this house is located on the least desirable side of the city, where really nothing is. -Subsequently, it would make a poor vendor house because foot traffic in that area is virtually nil.
-The housing market is down. Most everything is apart from taming-related items and now boat-related items, and soon dexxer relic-related shit. 18x18s just are NOT going for what they used to, or any house for that matter. 18x18s used to fetch 1mil easily in a semi-decent location.

This property is objectively not worth even half of what your STARTING bid is. A 5 mil buyout would be ridiculous. A 5 mil S/B is just laughable in an insulting kind of way. Consider this constructive criticism because I legitimately think you're completely unaware of how to price housing in general.

If you've ever seen me spamming in IRC "WTS taming SS 750k" or thereabouts in pricing, that is mostly a joke - mockery of those who overprice things to no end because of some warped sense of value from who knows where. This is kind of like that but x5000. I'd like to think that if I posted up a thread trying to sell a taming SS with a S/B of 1mil, you might pop on and enlighten me on the ridiculousness of my attempt.

Also consider that if you do TRULY value this property THAT much as to start an auction at 5 mil, perhaps realize that you love this house far more than any other single individual on this shard and for that reason I think you should just hang on to it.

I look forward to receiving a harsh response as is customary whenever I chime in on the forums, unless I'm posting a silly gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

CVegas

Grandmaster
The value of this particular location isn't entirely subjective as I imagine you wish it were, as to justify its price tag.

Pros -
Near the coast - a plus in my opinion.
Near a guard zone - good if you're into that.
Near the Buc's Den teleporter - okay I guess. MAYBE some forced action for PvPers.

Really it's probably just best to look at it as any other 18x18 in any other location - blockage and spawn? Minimal blockage, and no spawn, so that's decent. Houses based on nearby "landmarks" (i.e., a guard zone), don't by default jack the value up 5,000%.

Cons (general and in relativity to your asinine S/B) -
-On previous shards I've played, there was often action on that side of Vesper. This is not one of those shards.
-Vesper itself isn't a super popular town. And if it were, this house is located on the least desirable side of the city, where really nothing is. -Subsequently, it would make a poor vendor house because foot traffic in that area is virtually nil.
-The housing market is down. Most everything is apart from taming-related items and now boat-related items, and soon dexxer relic-related shit. 18x18s just are NOT going for what they used to, or any house for that matter. 18x18s used to fetch 1mil easily in a semi-decent location.

This property is objectively not worth even half of what your STARTING bid is. A 5 mil buyout would be ridiculous. A 5 mil S/B is just laughable in an insulting kind of way. Consider this constructive criticism because I legitimately think you're completely unaware of how to price housing in general.

If you've ever seen me spamming in IRC "WTS taming SS 750k" or thereabouts in pricing, that is mostly a joke - mockery of those who overprice things to no end because of some warped sense of value from who knows where. This is kind of like that but x5000. I'd like to think that if I posted up a thread trying to sell a taming SS with a S/B of 1mil, you might pop on and enlighten me on the ridiculousness of my attempt.

Also consider that if you do TRULY value this property THAT much as to start an auction at 5 mil, perhaps realize that you love this house far more than any other single individual on this shard and for that reason I think you should just hang on to it.

I look forward to receiving a harsh response as is customary whenever I chime in on the forums, unless I'm posting a silly gif.

Too much. Lol

Tiguh

Journeyman
Speaking of asinine, I have already been offered 5m multiple times. I'm sorry you cannot afford it. Keep moving

p.s. Still I am waiting for you to find a house in a better location cheaper.

amonseti

Grandmaster
if its so prime and such a great spot ... then why is no one bidding on it ... I agree the SB is a joke .. you could get a castle for 5 mil and any castle or keep for that matter is way better then this location. which is not really a high traffic area your not selling an 18x18 next to yew mall ... I value this lot at no more the 1.2 mil Absolutly max .. a more realistic sales value I put this at 950k .. so if someone offerded you 5mil TAKE IT! but we all know, no one has now dont we .

TyraeL!

Master
Speaking of asinine, I have already been offered 5m multiple times. I'm sorry you cannot afford it. Keep moving

p.s. Still I am waiting for you to find a house in a better location cheaper.

Yea, about that.

It would be EXTREEEMELY easy for you to lie about that. There's literally no way in hell I could fact check that, for the same reason I could tell you that not 5 minutes ago, I performed a rolling brownout on the chest of a Taiwenese whore.

That being said, if you did indeed happen to find the few truly dumbest, richest, most ignorant newbs on the shard that are actually willing to pay EVEN HALF of that pin-headed S/B, you need to sell it NOOOW!!

Surely if not by now, they will realize the error of their ways some time soon and retract whatever offers they might have.

I thank you for your mature response.

P.S. 18x18s in better locations for 1/5 of what you're asking are everywhere dude. Quit kidding yourself.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Looking for the post link
Looking for proof of the idiot(s) you said offered you 5mil or more ...
Dude just stop you are making a huge fool of yourself . and your credability yeah guess you dont give a fwock about that either ...

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
If Vesper were a hotspot, or buccs, this house might have part of the value you've given it...But Neither are hotspots on UOF right now. You just have a nice 18x18 near guards. Thats it.