1200 SP to purchase house? WTF

armorsmith

Neophyte
I purchased a small classic stone two story from a friend some time ago and have been happily saving to purchase a larger house since. Recently the house next door vanished (I believe it was demoed) leaving the land space available. I purchased a classic 11 x 11 deed, demoed my stone house, and went to place the house. I received an error message stating that my account did not have enough total Skill Points to place a house. Where is that clarified and when was that rule put in effect? That is the first time I have hard of that rule. Can someone explain??

On a positive note, I did receive deeds for my forge and anvil, allowing me to re-place them. I had anticipated having to re-purchase them. Thanks Shane.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Change went in a little bit ago. You need 1200 total skill points (make sure you click 'show real') across ALL characters on the account. So 3 characters with 400 real skill each would be enough.

I did a deal and the buyer didn't have enough. I took his chars to Brit and just bought up skills from npcs. Easy peasy.

Illy

Master
If you have an empty slot or two, make a character and train up a few skills on vendors

armorsmith

Neophyte
Thanks Karl, I appreciate the clarification. I made a third char on the account and just the minimum specs broke the 1200 barrier. I hadn't planned on a archer, but hey, just another time sink. :)