1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120 Tinker Lockboxes for Lockpicking?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Trade Skills' started by heineken21, Oct 16, 2017.

1. heineken21

heineken21 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Does this actually work to GM Lockpicking? I've heard mixed answers. Thanks.

2. Firecrest

Firecrest Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Firecrest
    I have never gotten confirmation. I have asked a few people to try but no one produced at results. if someone wants on of my kits free including a 120 box and will report back to me if they hit 100 then please reach out to me and I will alter my kits,

3. Zibzug

Zibzug Member

Sep 30, 2017
    I'm at 94.6 LP now. Let me know where I can pickup/buy a 120 Tinkering box and I'll share the results.

4. heineken21

heineken21 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2017
    I worked on a supposed 120 lockbox for 30min in a dungeon and didn't budge from 94.7. As long as the box I got from Leigh133's vendor at the brit moongate was truly 120 tinker made, I'm thinking the rumor is dispelled. Firecrest, where is your vendor? I'll give another box a shot, just in case.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  5. kevinr55

kevinr55 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    I've heard they do. But when I gmed my picker i just used the standard 4 box to 95. then bought 5 SS. Easiest way by far.

6. Bloo

Bloo Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Blooski
    DuckTruck
    Flapdooodle
    iTank
    Okay good i thought i was crazy. My 120 tinker made a lockbox for myself and i couldnt budge past 95 lockpicking :(

7. Of No Importance

Of No Importance Member

May 6, 2015
    None currently
    Could be that i'm doing something horribly wrong, or that i'm not very well versed on the required skills for lock picking, but i've purchased a fine kit from the above poster and it has 3 locked boxes in it, a red chest, large crate and small crate.

The small crate i assumed was for 50+ skill gain so i tried starting with that one and succeeded and failed for a good 10 minutes without a single .1 skill gain. This is a brand new character with 50 magery and 50 lockpicking, so i have plenty of skill to be gained and everything is up by default. So i figured ok, maybe that small crate is actually for getting to 50 and not 50+, the rune that came with it stated red chest 100, medium crate 75 and small crate 50 so i thought maybe that just means you can only get to 50 with it. Fair enough, i then moved on to the large crate and after 20+ minutes of finally being able to post on the forums, it's not moved a single .1 which for a skill at 50 seems odd.

My question is what am i doing wrong? Is there a pre req skill that accompanies lock picking? Did the "kit" i buy get mismade and the crates and such are not at the skill level they should have been? The message i keep getting is "you don't see how that lock can be manipulated". I have 50 show real points into lock picking, skill adjusted it's 53.8 (i already messed up on the 10 dex thing but eh i'll live with it)

8. Zibzug

Zibzug Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Where are you at when trying to raise your skills?

9. Of No Importance

Of No Importance Member

May 6, 2015
    None currently
    The bank, is that a problem? I know dungeons make skill gain faster, but i didn't figure it'd prevent it

10. Zibzug

Zibzug Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Yep. I believe all skill gains are disabled within the safe trading zone at WBB.

Move into the tinker's shop just to the north and I bet you'll start seeing your skill increase (using the box that you had successes on)

11. Of No Importance

Of No Importance Member

May 6, 2015
    None currently

yep that's what it was thanks!