120 Tinker Lockboxes for Lockpicking?

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I have never gotten confirmation. I have asked a few people to try but no one produced at results. if someone wants on of my kits free including a 120 box and will report back to me if they hit 100 then please reach out to me and I will alter my kits,

Zibzug

Neophyte
I'm at 94.6 LP now. Let me know where I can pickup/buy a 120 Tinkering box and I'll share the results.

heineken21

Apprentice
I worked on a supposed 120 lockbox for 30min in a dungeon and didn't budge from 94.7. As long as the box I got from Leigh133's vendor at the brit moongate was truly 120 tinker made, I'm thinking the rumor is dispelled. Firecrest, where is your vendor? I'll give another box a shot, just in case.

Last edited:

kevinr55

Adept
I've heard they do. But when I gmed my picker i just used the standard 4 box to 95. then bought 5 SS. Easiest way by far.

Bloo

Adept
Okay good i thought i was crazy. My 120 tinker made a lockbox for myself and i couldnt budge past 95 lockpicking :(

Could be that i'm doing something horribly wrong, or that i'm not very well versed on the required skills for lock picking, but i've purchased a fine kit from the above poster and it has 3 locked boxes in it, a red chest, large crate and small crate.

The small crate i assumed was for 50+ skill gain so i tried starting with that one and succeeded and failed for a good 10 minutes without a single .1 skill gain. This is a brand new character with 50 magery and 50 lockpicking, so i have plenty of skill to be gained and everything is up by default. So i figured ok, maybe that small crate is actually for getting to 50 and not 50+, the rune that came with it stated red chest 100, medium crate 75 and small crate 50 so i thought maybe that just means you can only get to 50 with it. Fair enough, i then moved on to the large crate and after 20+ minutes of finally being able to post on the forums, it's not moved a single .1 which for a skill at 50 seems odd.

My question is what am i doing wrong? Is there a pre req skill that accompanies lock picking? Did the "kit" i buy get mismade and the crates and such are not at the skill level they should have been? The message i keep getting is "you don't see how that lock can be manipulated". I have 50 show real points into lock picking, skill adjusted it's 53.8 (i already messed up on the 10 dex thing but eh i'll live with it)

Zibzug

Neophyte
Yep. I believe all skill gains are disabled within the safe trading zone at WBB.

Move into the tinker's shop just to the north and I bet you'll start seeing your skill increase (using the box that you had successes on)