100k or more to anyone who can help me fix my laptop

100 eyes

Neophyte
Well this isn't really a client or server issue but I didn't see anywhere else to put this.

I have a blue death screen on my laptop which I'm guessing is a memory issue but before I go ahead and buy some more and test it I'd like to see if we have any whizz kids out there that have other suggestions.

so far I've tried..
  • Taking out the memory, cleaning the contact points etc.
  • Using a USB boot disk to repair files

That's as far as I've gotten but both resulted in booting up to this blue screen.

Please help me play this beautiful game once more, you're my only hope.

Here's a pic of my death screen.

deMrG79.jpg

If you help me to get this back and working 100k is yours. If you can fix it fast and make me super happy by telling my ghost stories or interesting anecdotes I'll give you much more.

100 eyes

Neophyte
When do you get the blue screen? Did you just update to windows 8?

No updates and I don't remember installing any recent drivers either so no changes there.

I get the blue screen after it says "do you want to start in 1) safe mode or 2) normally". After about 5-10 secs, after pressing either selection, Windows tries to load, then blue screen.

None of the Windows repair functions work and nothing in the BIOS menu that I've tried so far seems to change anything.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
If you have two sticks of memory take one out and only run one to see if it still blue screens. If it does switch out the memory sticks. This is the best way to see if you have a faulty stick of memory. More than likely a memory issue if it just started doing it and you have not upgraded windows or any hardware parts changed. Probably a memory or Motherboard issue.

100 eyes

Neophyte
Well, it was a simple fix after all and @Garet Jax was the solution master that will receive the 100k. Infact I feel kinda dumb for not trying it haha. PM me Garet and ye shall receive your coins of glee.

Each of you other guys can have 25k for trying to be helpful so PM me pls @GluttonySDS , @Inflames , @Shortbus , @Halfgrin .

No one told me a ghost story or an interesting anecdote so I'll donate the story cash to charity (aka a new player).

Sedenko

Neophyte
Im sure its hardware related. Most likely cause of the blue screen is bad Ram or your Ram is failing. I just replaced mine had no problems for 2 years and 1 stick randomly went bad.