1 hour non-saved time per month

kurtis

Grandmaster
It would be fun to have a small window where we know the server won't be saving. Maybe one hour once a month?

That would give us a chance to try stuff out. The old OSI servers used to do this every night because they had to; the servers were crappy back then and it needed that time to backup the data. But regardless of the reason, I always thought it was a pretty cool concept.

Does that T5 cloth robe really look as good as it does in my mind? If my neighbor and I drop our plots, will a castle fit? Is having a cellar as cool as it sounds? What's the deal with this blessed trap pouch from the unique items vendor? Is ranger armor worth it? Stuff like that.

And then of course everyone online goes to Brit graveyard and fights with their best gear, which is always a good time.

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
I was thinking similar - reverts suck because you didn't get to spend the time knowing it wouldn't count.

What about a pre-planned day of revert - perhaps for groundhog day?

parsnip

Grandmaster
Reminds me of those epic server wars at Brit GY in the early days of OSI. Grab two dye tubs and a bunch of robes, everyone choose a team colour and then... FIGHT. I remember the first time I grabbed a vanq warhammer, it was like having god mode on :D

Luxvero

Journeyman
AWESOME!

good time for people to visit the killing floor at docks

btw @kurtis
there is a test server to test house stuff, just connect with port 2598

Chop

Journeyman
And then of course everyone online goes to Brit graveyard and fights with their best gear, which is always a good time

This x1000

I miss server down wars at brit graveyard. It was a blast every time. This would certainly bring another classic element to the server even if it were only for 30 min. But an hour would be best.

I am not sure if it is possible but if the 30-60 min simulated no save time could only affect the area in and around just the graveyard or possibly more than one graveyard then it shouldn't be a problem for people who have no interest in such things.

rexregis

Neophyte
Oh gosh, an actually good idea in the boards!

I'm all for it.

Thing is, people log in different times, and I, for one, mostly ignore server news, so everyone logging in during that period should be warned that it's groundhog hour.

Saturn

Grandmaster
Server wars=bad idea.

No reason for them, if you wana throw down the gauntlet and pvp do you honestly need it to be during a time when the server wont save just so you dont loose your stuffz if you die?

Just grow some balls and pvp anyway.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Server wars=bad idea.

No reason for them, if you wana throw down the gauntlet and pvp do you honestly need it to be during a time when the server wont save just so you dont loose your stuffz if you die?

Just grow some balls and pvp anyway.
Can you elaborate why it's a "bad" idea? There's no reasons for meta pets, but we got em.

I personally would love this. It could turn pvmers towards pvp. It could be a nice gradual step from learning and seeing how fun it is, to actually doing it in the field. +1

rexregis

Neophyte
Server wars=bad idea.

Loved the in-depth rationale behind why this is a bad idea, BTW.

We obviously don't NEED server wars, but damn it is fun to PVP like there's no tomorrow.

Damn if there was such an event IRL I would be all for it as well. No bugs tho

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
exactly! these were the good old days! how is this a bad idea? it doesnt effect anything other than the people try to farm and play during that hour. but jeezus..u cant give up that hour to play free for all??

gets my vote..