1 Char Slot left...crafter template ideas?

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
I'm going to be down to my last slot soon, thinking of maybe making a crafter. I currently have the following skillsets on other characters:

All GM: Mage, Inscription, Alchemy, Lumberjacking, Swords, Healing, Provo, Music, Archery..

So I was thinking I might start a mule with:
-Tinker (make trapped boxes and other fun stuff)
-carpentry (make kegs for Alchy)
-Magery (to get around)
-???

Not sure what else...I'm new to crafting, never even did it back when I played on OSI Atlantic. So yea, I'm in the dark about crafting pretty much everything (except Inscription and Alchemy goods).

What are some good crafting skills to compliment my current skillset? (for example my LJ can provide materials for my carpenter to make kegs for my Alchy)

TY in advance!!

halygon

Grandmaster
Here's what I did on my crafter (note you must buy power scrolls to get above 100 skill):

120 black smithy
120 tailoring
120 tinkering
120 mining
120 carpentry
75 magery
45 musicianship

I buy boards instead of lumberjacking.

Tynder

Master
My mule character (without power scrolls):

GM Blacksmith - armor/weapons/BOD rewards
GM Tailor - leather armor/BOD rewards
GM Carpentry - musical instruments/furniture & fixtures
GM Tinker - tools/fixtures
GM Bowyer - bows/arrows
GM Mining - ingots
45 Musicianship - for exceptional instruments
55 Item identification - for when you absolutely don't have an ID wand handy and don't want to spend 10 minutes IDing something

Travel via runebook and recall scrolls from my Mage/Scribe. Boards come from swords/lumberjack.

Pretty much makes me self sufficient from the aspect of having the ability to make any tools, clothes, armor, weapons, etc. I may need.

halygon's build above is pretty sweet, as you can then build some of the magery related carpentry items, not to mention the bonuses of having 120 in so many skills makes filling those BODs a lot more cost effective and will give you the ability to craft the legendary hammer and slayer armor.

I just use my mule to supply my other toons and keep them playing at minimum cost. halygon's definitely would give you more versatility in actually having a crafter that can make you money. Too bad I am too cheap to buy the PS.:(

halygon

Grandmaster
To be fair, the cost to get all the powerscrolls needed for my crafters build is pretty prohibitive. The 120 scroll for smithy alone is 2mil+

For most applications, GM is good enough. I just craft a lot for my vendors so the higher the skill, the less resources wasted as I don't fail to make exceptional.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
I just use my mule to supply my other toons and keep them playing at minimum cost. halygon's definitely would give you more versatility in actually having a crafter that can make you money. Too bad I am too cheap to buy the PS.:(

Both templates look like they would serve me well, but yes I have to agree you (and halygon) that PSs are mad expensive. I won't be touching 2mill for ONE scroll for a long time.

The other option I was thinking about is making a fisher/treasure hunter.

halygon

Grandmaster
The other option I was thinking about is making a fisher/treasure hunter.

You can't really make one char that does both. Granted it's "possible" but the char would be horrible to play.

Right now, I think a Lockpicking fisher may be a good option. That template could look like this:

Fishing
Lockpicking
Magery
Archery
Anatomy
Healing
Tactics

You could drop Lockpicking for resisting spells for a stronger fisherman char. Lockpicking is useful to have if you don't have it on another character already, but it's not needed.

I say fishing over treasure hunting because all the new stuff coming out has to do with fishing and boating.

gofer

Grandmaster
You can't really make one char that does both. Granted it's "possible" but the char would be horrible to play.

Right now, I think a Lockpicking fisher may be a good option. That template could look like this:

Fishing
Lockpicking Resisting Spells
Magery
Archery
Anatomy
Healing
Tactics

You could drop Lockpicking for resisting spells for a stronger fisherman char. Lockpicking is useful to have if you don't have it on another character already, but it's not needed.

I say fishing over treasure hunting because all the new stuff coming out has to do with fishing and boating.

I second this. LPing is a waste of a slot in this template. When the Eles come on your boat after digging up a chest it is nice to have resist especially if you are running solo. If you bring a tamer/bard on your second account/friend it becomes trivial, but resist is crucial for fishing up MIBs imo. What you listed right there Haly is my fisher's build. ;)

Cramerrao

Novice
I have a question about stats... my pg is a "main crafter" (blacksmith, tailoring,mining, magery, etc...). What is the right stats combination? I'm using the 100/100/25 but i see that i need more mana for working well (for example gate travel requires about 40 mana).

So, what do you think about dropping Dexterity to 25 and raising mana to 100? Is stamina necessary in a crafter template?

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtis

Grandmaster
Well, there's a lot of missing information. You mentioned your other skills, but I guess I would consider what your absolute favorite chars are and which crafting ability might complement them.

The initial reason I made a Crafter was to craft/repair my armor and weapons, for my PvP dexer and mage because those are the chars I play 90% of the time. So, the first skills for me were mining/smithing/tailoring, and any other skills I chose were to compliment later characters.

So, for the sake of illustration, if your acher/provo is your favorite char, I might lean towards a bowyer/LJ based crafter. Then you could add carpentry/tinkering since you'd be chopping wood anyways and you could provide supplies to your guy.

But if the goal is simply to make money, then that changes the game. Are you trying to sell stuff on your vendor? Do you have a big house that you are trying to decorate? Etc, etc.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
My main mule (still finishing him)

120 BS
120 Mining
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Magery
100 Fletching
65 music

Cramerrao

Novice
Well, there's a lot of missing information. You mentioned your other skills, but I guess I would consider what your absolute favorite chars are and which crafting ability might complement them.

The initial reason I made a Crafter was to craft/repair my armor and weapons, for my PvP dexer and mage because those are the chars I play 90% of the time. So, the first skills for me were mining/smithing/tailoring, and any other skills I chose were to compliment later characters.

So, for the sake of illustration, if your acher/provo is your favorite char, I might lean towards a bowyer/LJ based crafter. Then you could add carpentry/tinkering since you'd be chopping wood anyways and you could provide supplies to your guy.

But if the goal is simply to make money, then that changes the game. Are you trying to sell stuff on your vendor? Do you have a big house that you are trying to decorate? Etc, etc.

I don't want to raise carpentry and build furniture, my idea is to build a first pg crafter that repairs my provo/warrior armors and weapons. I'm following a template which has mining/smithing/tailoring as main skills. So i'm training another pg that also repairs my provo/archer weapons, which has bowcrafting/LJ/Music as main skills.
My idea is to skill inscription on the second crafter, too. In this way I could make some money selling recall/GateTtravs/SBs/RBs etc...

But the real question is: do Dexterity affects on main crafting skills such as mining/smithing/tailoring and bowcrafting? Could I set it to 25 and raise mana to 100 instead?
i think that is more useful raise mana to 100 rather then dexterity, but i don't know if there are some dependencies beetween dexterity and the crafting skills

halygon

Grandmaster
I don't want to raise carpentry and build furniture, my idea is to build a first pg crafter that repairs my provo/warrior armors and weapons. I'm following a template which has mining/smithing/tailoring as main skills. So i'm training another pg that also repairs my provo/archer weapons, which has bowcrafting/LJ/Music as main skills.
My idea is to skill inscription on the second crafter, too. In this way I could make some money selling recall/GateTtravs/SBs/RBs etc...

But the real question is: do Dexterity affects on main crafting skills such as mining/smithing/tailoring and bowcrafting? Could I set it to 25 and raise mana to 100 instead?
i think that is more useful raise mana to 100 rather then dexterity, but i don't know if there are some dependencies beetween dexterity and the crafting skills
Dexerity does not affect crafting skills. Extra stam is useful though when you are overweight, which seems to happen more on crafter characters.

Sampo

Apprentice
Keep on mind. You don't need Magery to recall. You will never fizz using a runebook loaded with recall scrolls at zero Magery.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk