❂ All Names ❂

wreckognize

Grandmaster
''Allnames. Displays the names of every creature and character on screen.'' Taken from the Ultima Online Secondage Playguide.

I realize these days alot of people use ctrl+shift for just about everything, but I have found that often, those object handles can get messed up by copious amounts of items on screen, making it hard to pull players status bars. So therefore I figured I would write this quick guide to explain how to set up an allnames hotkey in the UO options.

First off, while on your character, you will need to open the UO options. This is done by pressing Alt + (letter) O

click on the 'curved arrow' Tab on the bottom left hand side.

You will need to click on the ''Add'' button to clear the command feild.
Then, enter the key you want to use to trigger the new allnames macro.
Finally, click and hold the arrow underneath ''Actions'' and scroll down to highlight ''Allnames'', then release the mouse button.

Note. You need to hit apply for the macro to be completed

Also be aware, in order for macros to save permanently, you should always log out and in after setting them!

Enjoy the new allnames hotkey it can be very useful!

Belge

Grandmaster
This only puts the names above characters/monsters , it doesn't bring up the ctrl+shift (all names), that you can drag health bars from. I play on a mac keyboard and ctrl+shift doesn't work, I've never found a way to replicate that. :( and thus play at a disadvantage

Bromista

Grandmaster
Eww. Macs.

I guess for you the next best thing is to all names and double click the hell out of the names to "pull bars"...it's the only way to do it when dead/not in line of sight.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yes, the all names is not as useful for pulling bars, its much worse so definitely i can see how you are disadvantaged there @Belge I would recommend that you try steam perhaps there is a way to use scripts to automatically pull bars, ive seen people do that with EUO so im sure steam can handle it since its the same thing.

As far as all names goes though, it's useful in alot of ways, like for stealthers to know when there is a bird where he may be walking.. etc

personally i know alot of players haven't ever seen the manuals for UO and i actually have both t2a and UOR playguides right here, so just some good tips for players who are newer to the game

i know that the manuals are probably why I'm widely considered the greatest player in the history of the game, since they have helped me master every facet of it.

Belge

Grandmaster
Randomly I clicked, Ctrl - Shift - (any letter) (mac keyboard), and its doing the ALL NAMES, but won't let me pull names... kinda random

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikeszzz

Adept
i didnt knew about ctrl+shift c: niice

i know that the manuals are probably why I'm widely considered the greatest player in the history of the game, since they have helped me master every facet of it.

:O :O :O *bows*

Hephastus

Journeyman
In addition to "all names" and "control + shift", i also use the in-game target system macro. It lets me automatically pull the bar (I chose target random moble, but you can also choose target nearest player etc.).The advantage is that the bar will appear at the EXACT location on your screen again, and that you get the bar right away without having to drag anything. However, because this only works for one target at a time (as it uses the advanced targetting system), you cannot pull multiple bars. I found target random mobile most useful because in many dungeon situations there are only 2-3 mobiles on the screen anyway.