Working on lenguage-related client problems (missing gumps/multiple lenguages/missing item-text)

Modus

Master
Hi,
this thread is dedicated to gamers that are not from US or GB, who encounter problems,
that are related to a client problem (in my case german/english client).
The main problem is, if you install UO on your system, you dont get a pure english client, so there seem to be mixups with the different lenguages or even resulting in missing gumps etc.

The problems i am currently trying to fix are:

Missing Craft Menue Gumps
Missing Item Names
Missing Moongate Gumps
Mixed up Client Lenguage (for example some actions result in english journal text, some in german)

If anyone has encountered one of those (or all) problems, i would like to have a little feedback!

@halygon :
when i get this fixed or anyone else has the solution for this problem i would like to write a wiki-entry for it, cause it is a problem that handicaps foreign players and i think there are a few out there, who suffer from it.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I was asked to pass this along from someone who knows this stuff but doesn't have a forum account.

"He needs to search for a UO.CFG file, and put that in the first line: UserLanguageCodeString=ENU* "

Modus

Master
I was asked to pass this along from someone who knows this stuff but doesn't have a forum account.

"He needs to search for a UO.CFG file, and put that in the first line: UserLanguageCodeString=ENU* "

Already done, also renamed the Transerv.exe, i think you also have to change the languagecodestring for every existing character.
Since the Server is down at the moment i cant test the current progress, i will also check, if the speech.mul is related to this problem, that'll be the next step, but thanks Skye :)

Modus

Master
Okay, the speech.mul isnt related to this, i just stumbled across those in the uocfg that are ON as a default :
TranslationServer=off
TranslationServerAutomatic=off

Modus

Master
You suffer from :

Missing Item Names
Missing Moongate Gumps
Mixed up Client Lenguage (for example some actions result in english journal text, some in german)

Okay i figured it out:

1st Step:
delete Transerv.exe in your UO Folder
2nd Step:
Change UserLanguageCodeString=ENU* TranslationServer=off, TranslationServerAutomatic=off in your UO.CFG in your UO Folder
3rd Step:
There is a UO.CFG in every Folder of created Character located in your documents folder (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Ultima Forever)
Change UserLanguageCodeString=ENU* TranslationServer=off, TranslationServerAutomatic=off, TranslationServerAutomaticTranslation=false, TranslationServerClickTranslation=off - i also changed the IP of TranslationServerIPAddress= to some random numbers, to make sure no connection is possible, whatever happens.

if there is any other problem, i ll try to get it under control, im not 100% sure if i got it all figured out now, but my test on the subjects of
Missing Item Names
Missing Moongate Gumps
worked out fine for me now!