What is up with the Launcher!!!

SoftWind

Journeyman
Okay I have spent no less than 12 hours trying to figure out why UO Forever suddenly stopped working on my laptop with Win 8.1
One day it was fine, then it just stopped

I have now done a totally clean install of everything and when I go through the launcher using Steam OR Razor it takes an eternity to log in and show me the UOF Server...I click the > arrow to go to my account characters and it sits there saying Connecting for another eternity only to give me this message:

"The client could not attach to the game server. It must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again"

This is what was happening 12 HOURS AGO!!!!!!!!

PLEASE Shane, Adam or Eppy, contact me and help me get this fixed!!! It works fine on my desktop...but a no go on my laptop! You are more than welcome to connect into my laptop and see for yourself what is going on....I am really getting discouraged!

SoftWind/Chyanne/Cry

ragebunny

The fancy installer wouldn't work for me, it kept failing to download.

The method that did work for me, was to download the classic client from http://www.uo.com/Client-Download

Then patch it up with the official patcher. Then get the UOforever installer and point it to your UO directory in settings and let it apply its patches. Also I had to get a newer version of razor in order to be able to log in.