Weapon Crafting

Hello all, I am in the process of training Blacksmithing on my crafter. How do I make weapons that have additional properties on them or is it random? I understand slayer weapons are at random when crafting, but what about properties like Power/Vanq? Are these just chance as well or is their a specific hammer/ingot that needs to be used. Thanks in advanced!

Dellan

Grandmaster
Runic hammers make these glorified weapons of mass destruction. You also need ingot of same type as hammer. Hmmmm, regarding hammers, is there valorite hammer here? I'm no crafter, just curious.

halygon

Grandmaster
For any durability, increases in power (might/force/power/vanq/etc), or tactics modifiers you must use a runic hammer and ingots of the color of the hammer. Runic hammers are received by doing blacksmith bulk order deeds.

The color of the runic hammer tells you how good the properties will be on the crafter item. A valorite runic hammer is the best ( making indestructible vanquishing supremely accurate weapons) while a dull copper (there isn't an iron runic hammer) is the weakest making durable ruin accurate weapons.

I see. So for instance, I can craft a "Exceptional/Slayer/Indestructible/Vanq/Exceedingly Accurate Katana" off a valorite runic hammer?
Also, how do I get BODs? I have been selling non stop to the blacksmith attempting to get one but still I had no luck. Is there a required minimum skill or item I have to have or sell? I was told 55.1 Blacksmithing is required to get BODs and I have sold 100+ items. Thanks!

halygon

Grandmaster
I see. So for instance, I can craft a "Exceptional/Slayer/Indestructible/Vanq/Exceedingly Accurate Katana" off a valorite runic hammer?
Also, how do I get BODs? I have been selling non stop to the blacksmith attempting to get one but still I had no luck. Is there a required minimum skill or item I have to have or sell? I was told 55.1 Blacksmithing is required to get BODs and I have sold 100+ items. Thanks!
Yeah and if you did happen to make a slayer weapon with a valorite runic hammer, it would be worth a couple mil. More than likely though, if you ever had a valorite runic hammer, you would not waste its charges trying to make a slayer weapon.

Heres the thing though. Right now Gold/Agapite/Verite/valorite runic hammers are so rare they are unheard of. The BODs to make them are so extremely rare. I think Shane said that there isnt even an aggy/verite/valorite on the shard at all yet. They say there are gold ones out there but I have never seen one.

The best you can really hope for right now are Bronze Runic hammers, which seem to be common enough.

You get the BODs from a Blacksmith. Click on them to make the menu appear and you will see a BOD option. This will tell you if you are able to receive one yet or not. If you are, then you need to sell items (one at a time) to the blacksmith before they will offer a random BOD to you. I usually sell tongs but some people sell ingots, your choice, just make sure it is a cheap item that the blacksmith will buy.

I *think* you need about 70 blacksmith to recieve one? Not sure, but I do know that the higher your blacksmith skill (the closer to 120) the more chance at exceptional BODs you will have.

Mikkeliv

Journeyman
Yeah and if you did happen to make a slayer weapon with a valorite runic hammer, it would be worth a couple mil. More than likely though, if you ever had a valorite runic hammer, you would not waste its charges trying to make a slayer weapon.

What would you waste its charges on?

halygon

Grandmaster
What would you waste its charges on?
I would make weapons upon request. If you had a valorite runic hammer right now, each weapon would be worth a pretty penny. I would make each weapon in the crafters guild (for a chance at a slayer weapon), but I would not expect to get a slayer weapon. I would not waste the charges on any armor.

I would be banned from the duel pits if I showed up with a valorite runic war hammer and asked for duels :p