Trojan Detected from Sallos??

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
I deleted everything sallos, tried to go through the launcher again and was notified again by McAfee. Anyone else??????

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
i don't know shit about viruses and stuff, i just know when i tried to go through UOF launcher my client crashed. and my mcafee started logging shit.

crazy-horse

Master
Could be nothing, AV programs will look at things like if it can see a certain string in the code, may just be a response to a special series of bits.
But, could also be a major thing. The person claiming to be the DDoSer about a (!) month or so ago (!) stated that he was a programmer and had been one on the people involved in the programming behind the free shards (forget exactly his claim)... soo.. where did you download Sallos from? Might be interesting to see if you have a "special" version that was made to use to launch DDoS attacks on UOF from.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
i can imagine if a virus was planted by UO players then it would be for most likely for capturing account information. Don't know much about computers though. @Adam @eppy

I've never used sallos personally because I was told you need to log on basically through the creators server or something. Not sure what that's about.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
Could be nothing, AV programs will look at things like if it can see a certain string in the code, may just be a response to a special series of bits.
But, could also be a major thing. The person claiming to be the DDoSer about a (!) month or so ago (!) stated that he was a programmer and had been one on the people involved in the programming behind the free shards (forget exactly his claim)... soo.. where did you download Sallos from? Might be interesting to see if you have a "special" version that was made to use to launch DDoS attacks on UOF from.

This was directly from the new UOF launcher.

Keep in mind, ive had sallos for months with zero issues, this was detected from the update from the UOF launcher itself. I scan mostly everything before i download/extract/ or install.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
i can imagine if a virus was planted by UO players then it would be for most likely for capturing account information. Don't know much about computers though. @Adam @eppy

I've never used sallos personally because I was told you need to log on basically through the creators server or something. Not sure what that's about.

This is from the download button from the new UOF launcher, not from a player.

crazy-horse

Master
This was directly from the new UOF launcher.

Keep in mind, ive had sallos for months with zero issues, this was detected from the update from the UOF launcher itself. I scan mostly everything before i download/extract/ or install.
Interesting. Sort of the situation you find yourself with ingame. Come across a new blue player you've never met. You want to accept them as a friend, but you can't stop the feeling that they may be killing you if you give them a chance.
I think I won't be using Sallos. I don't mind being PK'd much, but I hate when its because I trusted somebody.

Psyc420

Master
Ive had this problem before the launcher. Basically all you have to do to fix it is go in to you Anti virus software and there should be a option to exempt files. Then all you have to do if make sure the launcher file is exempt.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
Ive had this problem before the launcher. Basically all you have to do to fix it is go in to you Anti virus software and there should be a option to exempt files. Then all you have to do if make sure the launcher file is exempt.

So in your opinion this is nothing to worry about? I wish some admins would chime in on this.

Psyc420

Master
So in your opinion this is nothing to worry about? I wish some admins would chime in on this.

As far as i know they Staff are aware of it but since i play Sallos i havnt had any issues such as my account being hacked n such.

Thats an Artemis detection ...
Essentially its a place holder detection and usually not much to worry about

I believe this is correct because in the Sallos thread there was talk about the AV picking up a different pattern in the program because correct me if im wrong but Adam did go in and changed things in the Sallos program hence why the AV is thinking its a virus.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
As far as i know they Staff are aware of it but since i play Sallos i havnt had any issues such as my account being hacked n such.

I believe this is correct because in the Sallos thread there was talk about the AV picking up a different pattern in the program because correct me if im wrong but Adam did go in and changed things in the Sallos program hence why the AV is thinking its a virus.

well thanks for your response, hopefully we will hear a little more from this.