Trees!!!!

Weland

Grandmaster
So after I patched for the booty island release the tree hack thing no longer works for me. Is this a known issue or is my client just acting special. Not really a big issue as I don't mind the trees just nice to have them out of the way when doing pvp.

So after I patched for the booty island release the tree hack thing no longer works for me. Is this a known issue or is my client just acting special. Not really a big issue as I don't mind the trees just nice to have them out of the way when doing pvp.

You're not the only one.

I'm having the same issue.

I'm assuming when they updated the artLegacyMUL.uop file with Booty Bay they didn't think to include a copy with the Tree Hack implemented.

But then I wouldn't have had the pleasure of receiving your snide replay Swayze!

And btw, those files don't work for people with updated clients because they are to the old art files for the old client 7.0.23.1 and lower.

With the new updated client 7.0.24.0 and up, the artLegacyMul.uop is the file that needs to be replace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool.....nice to know I'm not alone o_O

Weland I found the site that links to both old and new client versions of the Tree Hack.

Again, I'm not sure how they will affect Booty Bay landmass but here is a link if you wanna try them out.

http://www.shinosoft.com/uog/client-mods

edit: Yeahh just tried replacing the artLegacyMul.uop with the Tree Hack file and when I opened my launcher it said Updates were needed so I don't think simply replacing the file will work with the newer client versions.

Weland

Grandmaster
crud. I'm not launcher or client savvy so I'll leave this to your best judgement and wait for your success :) sorry just being honest.

Swayze

Grandmaster
But then I wouldn't have had the pleasure of receiving your snide replay Swayze!

And btw, those files don't work for people with updated clients because they are to the old art files for the old client 7.0.23.1 and lower.

With the new updated client 7.0.24.0 and up, the artLegacyMul.uop is the file that needs to be replace.

except they do. Worked perfectly fine for me.

crud. I'm not launcher or client savvy so I'll leave this to your best judgement and wait for your success :) sorry just being honest.

No worries, it's real simple actually brotha.

Simply start up UO and leave it at the log in screen.

Below the password prompt you'll see UO Version x.x.xx.x.

If your version is 7.0.23.1 or lower than you're client is running it's graphics using the art.mul and artidx.mul files.

If your version is 7.0.24.0 or higher than your client is using artLegacyMUL.uop as it's graphic file, the art.mul and artidx.mul files were combined together in the artLegacyMUL.oup when the client version hit 7.0.24.0 because the art.mul and artidx.mul files are no longer present in the Ultima Online Folder once you update your client.

The problem with the Booty Bay update is Booty Bay is a brand new land mass so any artLegacyMUL.out Tree Hack files will need the Booty Bay information in it.

Of course Booty Bay being a completely custom land mass, unique to this shard, there won't be a artLegacyMUL.oup Tree Hack file with Booty Bay in it unless it comes from this shard now.

At least that's my take on it up to this point, could be wrong but I'm pretty positive that's what's up.

except they do. Worked perfectly fine for me.

What UO client version are you running Swayze?

Because once you update the UO Client, the art.mul and artidx.mul files have been replaced by the artLegacyMUL.uop file.

That's why there are two different tree hack files, one for the older UO Client version (which you linked to the art.mul and artidx.mul) and the artLegacyMUL.uop for the newer client versions.

I tried placing the art.mul and artidx.mul files in my Ultima Online folder even though I'm running on an up to date UO Client and it didn't replace my trees with stumps.

So unless there is something fucky going on with my situation, I'm assuming you're running on an older client?

For clarification, my Client is rocking Version 7.0.45.0.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I will check it out when I get home and let you know. Did you try the files regardless? (back up your old ones first of course)

I will check it out when I get home and let you know. Did you try the files regardless? (back up your old ones first of course)

Yeah I did just for the sake of trying it, doesn't work brotha.

And there is nothing to back up because the art.mul and artidx.mul files are no longer present in my Ultima Online Folder since I'm running an up to date client.

I have 7.0.15.1

What would be the benefit if at all in running a newer client?

I believe some of the new graphics are only visible if you have the newer client installed such as the doorbell and new treasure Chests that can be crafted via carpentry.

I know the doorbell and new craftables showed up as a black tiles until I updated my client.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Adam said tree hack would not be available right away from the launcher. If you don't want to mess around with your art files, I am sure it will eventually come.

If not, it is fairly easy to convert your artLegacyMul.uop file to art.mul, modify it with tree hack, and re-convert it. I can assist if you PM me.

Weland

Grandmaster
Adam said tree hack would not be available right away from the launcher. If you don't want to mess around with your art files, I am sure it will eventually come.

If not, it is fairly easy to convert your artLegacyMul.uop file to art.mul, modify it with tree hack, and re-convert it. I can assist if you PM me.

Ok cool didn't know he had said it wont work right away. Thank you for the offer but I'm not in a horrible hurry for it so I'll do the hold squat until it works with the launcher. Actually starting to like the trees again the world was feeling a little less wonderful without them lol. :D