TreasureHunter/provo/mage - problem killing paragons

WebWarrior

Hi!

I have a treasure hunter with the following skills:

Lockpicking, cartography, magery, resist, provo, music, meditation

Since i invested a lot of time onthis char i use it also to farm monsters usually by provocing and summor deamons vortexes.

I do ok on deamons and elementals, but if à paragons shows up i can not finnish them off, no matter how much time i invest. They heal faster that i can summon creatures or cast flamestrikes.o

Any tips, or do you need à fighting skill to do enough damage to kill em solo?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i have pretty much same template on my Thunter. i just prov stuff on them and drops evs, takes some time for harder paragons but do go down eventully

WebWarrior

i have pretty much same template on my Thunter. i just prov stuff on them and drops evs, takes some time for harder paragons but do go down eventully

thx for the answer.

I was hoping there was a smarter method. I do not even bring a mount when I farm for that extra EV. But if I successfully kill a paragon, it takes forever.

Are there any other spells which could help? I have tried to buff my demon, cast poison field etc. But it makes almost no difference.

Seems like the provo/archer is superior.

halygon

Grandmaster
I have a similar toon.. The trick is to drag that paragon mob near other mobs and just sic everything you can at it. Also cast EVs and make sure the EV is attacking the paragon by provoking it onto the mob.

Hard to do in all places and definately things like ancient wyrms and some balrons are out of the question. Unfortunately tamer Provo chars are the most powerful out there cause the dragon pet can take down large mobs while you do your Provo EV thing to help it.

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
I would recommend replacing resisting spells for evalint, this way you do have the ability to deal damage yourself with the spells you cast on the paragon... those flamesrikes aren't going to deal much damage with zero evalint.

Edit: Learn to re-target the paragon onto other monsters before he kills off the one he is attacking. Let all his targets die off at around the same time, and manage med while casting energy bolts on the paragon during the fight. Don't wait to mana dump after everything is close to dead... see how many mana dumps you can get in before the paragon's targets die off. (Regs are cheap when consider taking down higher level paragons)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I would recommend replacing resisting spells for evalint, this way you do have the ability to deal damage yourself with the spells you cast on the paragon... those flamesrikes aren't going to deal much damage with zero evalint.

Edit: Learn to re-target the paragon onto other monsters before he kills off the one he is attacking. Let all his targets die off at around the same time, and manage med while casting energy bolts on the paragon during the fight. Don't wait to mana dump after everything is close to dead... see how many mana dumps you can get in before the paragon's targets die off. (Regs are cheap when consider taking down higher level paragons)
All of this is good. Get efficient at bouncing your targets around to keep DPS up. Resist is not very useful on a provo unless you are being attacked by a player so you need to weigh that against having eval for higher dmg output.

Poison field when it's applicable to keep paragon health from regenrating while cutting down on its offensive casting as it will be busy curing itself.

That's about it really. Provo is an easy skill to raise so it's only fitting that there be difficulties when it comes to killing high end creatures. Gonna have to get creative and it's always good to have a plan in the event that you find a paragon in a dungeon.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
I kill pks 1 vs 1 90% of the time and balron paragorns and elder dragons and ancient wryms at destard 3 and etc easily with my provoke mage. Even if 2 pks 50% of the time I get to turn in a head if I want a challenging pvp encounter.Provoke mages are very good if you play them correctly.

limlight

Grandmaster
Just keep paragon provoked on your evs. You can bring down anything with this method as long as its not dispelling like mad. Let evs get pummeled and when its low on health finish it off with other spawn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk