Tracking

Ryzz Brah

Novice
So how does this skill work on UOF? I know that on other servers the higher your tracking the further away you can track something, 6 screens I believe?

I've heard from several people you can have 1.0 tracking, spam it until it's successful and it will track for the same distance as someone who has 100.0 tracking.

Is this true? Do I only need 1.0 tracking to get the full benefits of the skill?

a sniper

What you heard is false. With 1.0 tracking you can track someone on the same screen as you successfully. 100 tracking gives you a much further distance. Not sure exactly how many screens but I estimate 4-6 screens is accurate.

*Source*

I have 100 tracking and my alts don't. I have tested and the distance is much greater.

Ryzz Brah

Novice
Ok, I'm relived that a higher tracking results in a further distance one can track something. Thanks for the info.

I have GM tracking on one of my mages, and there's no way that you get 4-6 screens -- I think its about 3 screens max on this server.

TheLordOfKraa said:
I have GM tracking on one of my mages, and there's no way that you get 4-6 screens -- I think its about 3 screens max on this server.

I can track from the gate of Trinsic almost to the healer. I'm thinking that's at least 4 screens.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I'd say it's roughly 3-4 screens, but that also depends on "screens" - some people play with smaller screen resolutions while others have their characters the size of ants. That said, remember you can keep tracking someone about twice that distance (so about 6-8 screens once they're tracked before you lose your quarry).