The Thief

Platonic Love

Neophyte
Dost thou even steal?

Invis jewelry?! Good grief.

I was just putting something up since no one else had and we all SORELY need a wiki of some sort.

OF COURSE invis jewelry!

I forget though: can you stealth out of invis?

Also, if you're going to steal from mobs, you might as well figure out how to get lockpicking in and start getting the good chests. Find a good rune library and sneak to your desired box of treats.

Also: Can't remember, can you use telekenesis to open trapped chests safely from a distance? Or do you have to have detect hidden and remove traps? I played way back in the day and have been playing UO, so I'm not positive on a lot of things.

halygon

Grandmaster
I forget though: can you stealth out of invis?
yes you can

Find a good rune library and sneak to your desired box of treats.

Gankware Rune library is on guard zone and has a gate from west Brit bank. They have Lockpicking chest runes. (Shameless self advertising)

Also: Can't remember, can you use telekenesis to open trapped chests safely from a distance? Or do you have to have detect hidden and remove traps? I played way back in the day and have been playing UO, so I'm not positive on a lot of things.
As long as they are unlocked, telekinesis can be used to set of the trap.

Platonic Love

Neophyte
There isn't any invis jewelry here.
I had a feeling there wasn't any invis jewelry. I hadn't seen any around. I suppose that's a good thing in a way--makes hiding more important than it might otherwise be.

And thanks for the answers to the questions above. Very good thieving info.

Nathaniell

Novice
personally, my template has no resist, I have music, and Provo.

Provo monsters onto each other and loot them dry, Run and heal from PK's after casting magic reflect and all that jazz then recall.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Wow good call on the provo thing. Never even thought about tht for monster farming. Now i wanna roll two theives. Damn lol

Platonic Love

Neophyte
I look at stealing as more of a way to make some extra cash before getting lockpicking and stealthing around to the serious loot. Infact, I'm glad not many more people have figured out how much easy money there is in starting a char out with stealing. It's how I start all my UO accounts on new servers.

That being said, I would also agree that provo is a good way to go with both stealing and/or lockpicking. I would still want the resist though. I just like knowing that I'm going to get away with the loot and everything I've got on me. And I'm also feeling so-so about stealth these days, since you can't stealth step on a horse and you definitely want speed to run away and hide in a dungeon depending on what's coming after you. Casting invis, hoping it doesn't fizzle, and then stealthing away isn't always as safe as riding off fast and hitting hide before recalling. Reveal and detect hidden are standard PK hotkeys.

Really, your template needs to address the needs of your desired farm grounds.