Do you like this idea?

• This Idea = Trammel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TLDR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ok, first I'm going to give some preface to why I had this idea. so if you don't care skip to the idea part.

So, me and a few buddies were out trying to fight PKs the other day. we would run through all the PK hotspots, and basically wait for them to show. I realized really quick how boring it is waiting for them, and or waiting for people to call them in. after 3 nights and only maybe 6 fights we gave up on waiting for reds and just started killing people. We were looking for nice fair fights with PVP templates and couldn't find it, so we eventually turned to any form of action we could find. (I would also add we have faction chars, but we were looking for more good vs evil stuff.) this got me thinking that its no wonder there are no effective anti PK groups, its just to hard to find the action. so I thought up this idea.

The Idea,

make a group you can join, similar to faction. You could call it the Sosaria Guard or something. when a member of this guard you have a few Pros for hunting PKs, and a few cons.

Pros,
  • You receive a message any time a murder is committed, the message contains nothing more than a general location. (I.E. A murder has been committed in shame)
  • Once you engage a PK they cannot flee, similar to faction.
  • The ability to communicate with fellow guard members via a chat.
Cons,
  • You are orange to all PKs and Guards will not assist you in fighting them.
  • Once engaged by a PK you may not flee.
Also if you are a member of the guard you may not ask for a bounty and all the PKs you kill are given an instant 4 hour stat loss.

I think It would be cool to have a reward system based off your kills in the guard. you get points or some kind of currency that you can spend on things. some things I have thought of are;
  • unique wearable items
  • Unique ethy or mounts
  • Maybe you can use it to bribe for more information, instead of just a general location you can get more specifics (I.E. Dungeon level or cords, and number of PKs in the area), I think this would need to cost a lot or it could be to OP
and lastly there should be cool titles for those with certain number of kills.

Obviously this is just an outline of an idea, there would need to be some work done to make sure people cant exploit it, and to ensure its not OP, but I think this would provided people with more action. it would give reds a reason to think twice before killing some Bard, and encourage them not to stick around and grief after. it also provides some incentive to kill PKs, and a way to actually find them.

This also gives the PKs what most claim they want, Action, and with far less sever consequences.

Lets keep this constructive, if you hate the idea give a reason and move on. if that's not enough for you, start a rant in the rants and flames section for it.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
This also gives the PKs what most claim they want, Action, and with far less sever consequences.
There's your problem.

If you recall, the whole reason we have reds in town is to allow for factioning reds, and that didn't really boost factions at all. It just allowed reds to heal one another and become another group to noto in town.

Cool idea, for sure, but these sissies are already crying over temporary stat loss. If they wanted any element of consensual PvP, they'd be orange, not red.

Messremb

Grandmaster
There's your problem.

If you recall, the whole reason we have reds in town is to allow for factioning reds, and that didn't really boost factions at all. It just allowed reds to heal one another and become another group to noto in town.

Cool idea, for sure, but these sissies are already crying over temporary stat loss. If they wanted any element of consensual PvP, they'd be orange, not red.

I hear ya man, but having taken part in Factions I feel that unless you got a group of 3 or 4 well coordinated buddies your just going to get rolled by the larger groups. so for me, when I got at lease 2 buddies with voice chat I want to faction. if im working with less reliable people or people not in voice chat, I prefer more red vs blue stuff. The boredom of looking for reds finally drove me over the edge this weekend and I turned my Dexer red.

This I think would help both sides with more action. no more reds running through brit trying to bate people out of Guards into a fight. just go kill somebody in a dungeon and wait for people to show up. those who just want to fight can use blues to fight, and Reds will start to think twice before hitting the AFK spots cause an actual fighter might show up. We may even see a return of the truly feared reds, not the sissy losers we tend to have here.

I don't know, maybe im missing something but sounds like fun to me.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I don't know, maybe im missing something but sounds like fun to me.
It sounds fun to you because you want red vs. blue.

That is NOT what the reds want. Your proposed idea requires this to be an agreement from the red side as well, since they'll effectively be involved in faction-like rules - something the vast majority of them have no desire to be involved in.

Kairus

Adept
Pks wont like this idd.

"Once you engage a PK they cannot flee, similar to faction."
this part simply will make a pk scared ... a sosarian attacks him and calls others, and he is in a battle vs a zerg which he cant flee...

That is NOT what the reds want. Your proposed idea requires this to be an agreement from the red side as well, since they'll effectively be involved in faction-like rules - something the vast majority of them have no desire to be involved in.

It should be like real life that if you want to be a murderer you don't get to pick the rules you have to live with the decisions you made

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk