Taming Rquired to tame Death Beetle

Kirito

Novice
I was 115/115 taming/lore when I got my death beetle, I bought it from someone, if you have 115 taming you can bond all the different night pets and the death beetle but you have to use a deed. Also since your slightly under the preferred skill level for these pets doing it this way, I recommend when you farm use "all guard" then flag war mode, and double click the monster you want to fight so your pets will go after it. This way you're pet will stay happy much, much longer as you are not giving it many commands other than the one "all guard", having to do "all kill" and "all follow" will cause one of the new mare types and the death beetle to stop listening and loses happiness rapidly. Even at 115/115 using the all guard way their happiness drops pretty quick, I got lucky and got a 120lore while doing a champ recently and that 5 points in lore made a world of difference in controlling the death beetle and nightfrenzy I use. Hopefully some of this info will be helpful to someone.

Kirito

Novice
if they are all guarding you and you go in war mode and double click the mob or mob nameplate which is what i prefer, your guarded pets will go after the mob. There are instances where they wont. Example 1 - if you double click on mob A but mob B is attacking you, they will come after the mob attacking you before they go after a mob that has not attacked you. Ex 2 - If your pets aggro a mob because it came after you/attacked you, they will stay on that mob till it is dead, then you can double click another mob for them to go after. Also note that once you double click and send your pets on a monster they will stay on that mob untill it is dead. It is a little restrained as far as changing targets on the fly like with all kill, but for those wanting to use pets just above their skill levels, all guard is the way to go, and it is quite easy specially if you have provoke.