tailor / smith

Jedo

Neophyte
So, I'm creating a tailor/smith, I really only need smithy to repair stuff, and am not really interested in GMing it if I don't need to, but my real question is this: What skills do i need to go with these and which stats matter in relation to these skills? I was thinking of using this guy as a mage, also. I've seen things like nox mages, stun mages, and inscription mages... what does inscription do with magery skill? I am personally terrible at PVP, so how could I make a PVM mage with tailoring and the ability to repair my melee's stuff? does repairing lower max hp of items? and if so, is it significant enough to require arms lore so i dont repair needlessly?... so i guess i had several questions... anyway, thanks for any help, and i love this forum, you guys are really helpful.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Bump on this thread, I would like answers to all of these questions as well. Namely:

-What stats are good for a crafter/mage?
-How high does your craft skill need to be to repair items? Are "better" items harder to repair?
-Does repairing lower the durability of items?
-Is Arms Lore useful at all?
-Is Item Identification useful, or should I just find a wand and keep it handy?

thestand

Grandmaster
Bump on this thread, I would like answers to all of these questions as well. Namely:

-What stats are good for a crafter/mage?
-How high does your craft skill need to be to repair items? Are "better" items harder to repair?
-Does repairing lower the durability of items?
-Is Arms Lore useful at all?
-Is Item Identification useful, or should I just find a wand and keep it handy?

- you can have enough magery to recall/gate yourself around. If you want a pvm mage I'd suggest doing it on another char

- not sure

- yes

- yes, you can use arms lore at 0 skill level and it should still work.

- use Id wands instead of item Id skill.